Talk

Advanced search

Czech Republic (Prague plus further afield) - with children - what to do/where to visit?

(15 Posts)
Hulababy Sun 13-Jul-08 22:31:46

Hi

Just wndered if anyone had any information/adice or tips regarding visiting the Czech Republic with children.

We are going, along with Katz's family (so 4 adults, 3 children aged 6,5 and 3) for 10 days in August. We have 3 days in Prague, then 7 days about an hour a way in the country, in a villa with pool, etc. We will have a car for the last week.

So - what things would you recomeend for Prague and also further afield?

princessofpower Mon 14-Jul-08 00:44:40

Message withdrawn

Hulababy Mon 14-Jul-08 09:30:27

Thank you.

Looking forwards to visiting as we have never been to Czech at all before.

princessofpower Mon 14-Jul-08 10:07:33

Message withdrawn

katz Mon 14-Jul-08 12:18:07

they sound good, getting excited now!

hula - i have added to our Czech books, have the lonely planet one on order from amazon. We really need a planning evening, which night monday-wednesday would be good for you guys? i'll cook!

Hulababy Mon 14-Jul-08 12:37:48

Mon or wed best for me. Have to work on tuesdays. Which week?

vesela Mon 14-Jul-08 12:40:29

hello - princessofpower suggested I come here... (I live in Prague).

Whereabouts are you going to be when you're outside Prague? There are good castles pretty much everywhere, and also a lot of marked walking paths - fun looking out for the red/blue etc. marks on trees.

The centre of Prague has a lot of child-friendly restaurants and cafes (in fact they pretty much all are). Both the Rugantino pizzerias (one in Dusni, one in Klimentska, which also has a play corner) bring you colouring to do at the table.

There are quite a lot of playgrounds in the centre (Kampa park alongside the bank of the river is a good place to let off steam, & also has a small playground).

I'll have a think about particularly fun things to do with children in Prague (mine is only 15 months, so not really into that yet) but you can't really go wrong just walking about with frequent stops, since a lot of the buildings, steps etc. are likely to catch a child's imagination.

Think in terms of parts of the Old Town and Mala Strana that are off the main drag - there are a lot of them, and they're a lot nicer.

Hulababy Mon 14-Jul-08 12:50:09

At soft play at moment so will look where abouts it is we are going when home. Think it is about an hour down a main road from prague going east. Will check! Also will be self catering i lot. Where would you suggest? I think tesco is popular but which ones are best would be good. Thanks for all info.

katz Mon 14-Jul-08 13:47:40

vesela - we are staying just outside Pelhrimov in this house house

really looking forward to it.

princessofpower Mon 14-Jul-08 16:06:47

Message withdrawn

Hulababy Mon 14-Jul-08 18:46:02

Thanks for all info to date.

katz Tue 15-Jul-08 21:14:15

vesela - do you know any cheaper car hire places?

Hulababy Wed 23-Jul-08 20:25:03

bump

Any more suggestions?

meatballs Wed 23-Jul-08 21:03:54

spent a week there a few years ago with two children, 8 and 6.was helped by the fact we had previous aupairs living there to visit but they really enjoyed the castle, trams and especially a black light theatre show (lots of them around the city )

Hulababy Thu 24-Jul-08 08:11:56

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now