Talk

Advanced search

Help with Baggage allowance

(7 Posts)
babyjojo Sun 13-Jul-08 08:05:45

About to take our first trip abroad with 2.5 yr old. We each have a 20kg allowance if we only take 2 suitcases can my sons allowance be split between mine & my husbands case? Also does his pushchair count as part of the 20kg allowance?

DelGirl Sun 13-Jul-08 08:17:50

You can only take up to the 20kg per case, you can't add 10kg to each one to make 30 iyswim.

The pushchair should be free.

hth

btw, you can normally take approx 10kg in hand luggage each as well. Who are you flying with?

babyjojo Sun 13-Jul-08 08:22:15

Thanks Delgirl we are flying with Monarch tomorrow. Tried to contact them to clarify but couldnt get thru! Sent them an email but of course no reply!

DelGirl Sun 13-Jul-08 09:13:55

does it say on their website? Usually has info on there about baggage but I know you can't 'pool' your allowance.

babyjojo Sun 13-Jul-08 09:59:22

No tried the website, the only example they gave was if I bought an extra seat (for comfort) does that double my allowance. And the answer was no!

DelGirl Sun 13-Jul-08 14:49:10

I assme you're paying for a seat for your ds? In which case, he has his own allowance but has to be in a seperate case. Sorry if you already know that smile

lilolilmanchester Mon 14-Jul-08 12:06:53

babyjojo, you've probably left by now, but if not, I've just checked the Monarch Website (as we fly with them soon and last time we flew with them we WERE allowed to combine allowances.) Saw this in FAQ: can you combine your hold luggage allowance?
"Yes, subject to payment of applicable hold baggage charges, your hold allowance can be shared between your traveling group as long as any 1 item of luggage does not weigh more than 32kg. Please note hand and hold baggage allowances cannot be combined."

see here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now