Talk

Advanced search

Madrid in August, anyone been with a toddler?

(10 Posts)
peachygirl Sat 12-Jul-08 22:33:13

will it be too hot?

It looks just like the sort of place me and DH like but with lots of extras for DD who will be 18 months when we go

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

donnie Sat 12-Jul-08 22:34:41

madrid is seriously boiling in august - seriously.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

peachygirl Sat 12-Jul-08 22:37:50

hmm, we have booked with airmiles.
DH is going to ring in the morning to see if we can cancel,

donnie Sun 13-Jul-08 15:05:14

I was in madrid a few years ago and it was 43 and over every day in august.

geogteach Sun 13-Jul-08 15:28:11

We went to a wedding 2 weeks ago it was 39 degrees. We were given fans on entering the church at 7pm in the evening. All DH's cousins were leaving the city after the wedding for the summer, the locals don't do Madrid in august.
It is a reasonable place for toddlers we have taken ours a couple of times, there are loads of playgrounds. Kids there stay up very late at night which I found hard to get used to, people think we are bonkers for having kids in bed at 7pm, DH cousins kids ate still up at half past midnight.

peachygirl Sun 13-Jul-08 16:29:36

geogteach
Thanks we have found out we can't change the booking as it was done entirely with airmiles so we are now starting to think' we know it will be hot but...'
There are lots of sites saying how great it is for kids.
I did think we should plan our time there so do cooler things like museums etc during the heat of the day and play in parks later on.
DD hasn't got a rigid routine and in fact is very flexible so hopefully she will just go along with it all.
I do have a buggy sunshade which gives DD factor 50 protection

Cod Sun 13-Jul-08 16:30:10

Message withdrawn

peachygirl Sun 13-Jul-08 16:39:39

don't have any choice now.... we should have looked at the temps ... ho hum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now