Talk

Advanced search

Recpmmendations please for good websites to find a budget weekend break.

(7 Posts)
anorak Thu 03-Feb-05 17:57:38

I remember people mentioning good websites for this before but I can't find the thread.

I'd like to choose a European destination for a long weekend to celebrate dh's 40th birthday, but I'm on a tight budget.

littlemissbossy Thu 03-Feb-05 18:31:23

when (and where, approximately)do you want to go?

littlemissbossy Thu 03-Feb-05 18:33:38

can you go on the eurostar? if so, have a look on lastminute.com - eurostar breaks you can go to Paris or Bruges from £130 b&b

anorak Thu 03-Feb-05 19:01:28

We want to go a fortnight today. Don't want to go to France, Belgium or Holland - done it all before. Prefer somewhere warm or somewhere a little more unusual. DH has done Northern Italy and some of the Balkan cities already.

At the moment Portugal looks favourite as it is reasonable in price but also fancy Athens or the Med if could get a cheap enough deal.

hedghog Thu 03-Feb-05 23:10:51

Try the usual sites like expedia.co.uk, travelocity.co.uk, ebookers.co.uk, bargainholidays.co.uk, laterooms.com, lastminute.com etc, or you could book flights and hotel separately by trying a budget airline like easyjet and a hotel website like hotels.com, hotelpronto, expedia etc. Try also crestaholidays.co.uk - I booked a great weekend in Monte Carlo through them a couple of years ago. Remember to go to Tripadvisor for hotel reviews before you book. Hope you get something sorted.

Frizbe Thu 03-Feb-05 23:11:46

bmi baby are having a 19.99 one way sale that might be of use?

anorak Fri 04-Feb-05 08:43:25

Thank you all, brilliant, hedghog - I'll get looking later on, thanx xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: