Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm thinking of using my Tesco clubcard deals for a Haven holiday is it a good 'deal' or not?

(13 Posts)
sparklesandnowinefor4months Thu 10-Jul-08 14:54:44

We're thinking of using them towards a Haven holiday next month, have about £440 towards it in deals i think, i haven't changed them up yet

but are they good value or is it not worth it?

also can you pay in part with vouchers and pay the rest cash if need be?

Grav1 Thu 10-Jul-08 15:13:27

Hi. I have never used my vouchers on a Haven Deal but with Butlins you have to ring up and you pay the brochure price for the holiday(you cannot take advantage of any special offers but I find them good value e.g. £200 of vouchers for a holiday costing £800.). We have used vouchers and paid the differnce in cash and I would use this system again.

nkf Thu 10-Jul-08 15:14:40

I didn't even know you could. Thanks

Grav1 Thu 10-Jul-08 15:18:48

Well worth you getting a clubcard deal voucher catalogue nkf as there are some great deals available.

crochetdiva Thu 10-Jul-08 15:22:54

Last year we used our clubcard vouchers to pay for a canal boat holiday & this year we partly paid for a siblu holiday using them - it's meant we could afford to go away on holiday this year!

I was really cheeky this year: it says you have to book using brochure prices, but I just booked online as normal, then sent my clubcard vouchers off to pay the final balance - they then contacted me to say that I couldn't still have my MN discount, but I kept the online booking discount ... worth a try, even if it is a tad cheeky!

We've also used ours for visitng places: Techniquest, Folly Farm, Longleat Safari Park ... I never use mine on the shopping now - it's not worth it!

Enjoy your holiday!

Grav1 Thu 10-Jul-08 15:31:07

How did you manage to get a code for your vouchers?

sparklesandnowinefor4months Thu 10-Jul-08 15:59:38

so do you have to send the money off coupons/vouchers to tesco first to get changed into special holiday type vouchers and then phone the holiday company? or do you just use the money off vouchers that tesco send you?

I have no idea how it works blush

nkf Thu 10-Jul-08 18:05:06

We turned a whole load into airmiles which was good. But I was reading here that you can stay for free in youth hostels with a certain number of points. That sounds good.

jellybeans Thu 10-Jul-08 18:21:08

You have to change the vouchers to deals tokens for Haven/other and then contact Haven on the number they send you with the tokens. It can be a good deal but depends as you must pay the brochure price (there are sometimes good offers online). At the moment there doesn't seem that much difference in price so may be worth it. (Although last minute tends to be the best deals) Also, the cancellation plan doesn't cover the clubcard deals part of the booking.

sparklesandnowinefor4months Thu 10-Jul-08 18:23:35

ok thanks Jellybeans, i'll bear that in mind! smile

Grav1 Thu 10-Jul-08 20:05:33

I haven't used it but apparently Tesco do an insurance themselves that will cover the vouchers due to cancellation. Would be worth checking with them.

Grav1 Thu 10-Jul-08 20:08:42

"so do you have to send the money off coupons/vouchers to tesco first to get changed into special holiday type vouchers and then phone the holiday company? or do you just use the money off vouchers that tesco send you?

I have no idea how it works"

For each £ of money off vouchers you have you get £4 worth vouchers.

crochetdiva Thu 10-Jul-08 21:04:23

I did it wrongly quite by accident - I booked the holiday first, then, at balance payment time, I swapped all the clubcard vouchers I had for Siblu holiday vouchers, and sent them that with a cheque for the balance ... it didn't seem to cause any problems.

The clubcard deals details are here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now