Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about your people carriers

(4 Posts)
flowerybeanbag Thu 10-Jul-08 14:36:48

I am off on a trip to France with DH, DS (14mo) and my three (6 foot tall) brothers. We need to hire a people carrier for the weekend and I am clueless as to what's out there now. We had a Toyota Previa when we were all living at home but that was donkeys years ago!

Tell me which one is good to hire - a few options would be nice in case we don't have much of a choice.

Need room for 5 adults, one car seat and luggage for the weekend. We'll probably have to use a roof box as well I imagine, as lots of them have weeny boots don't they? Although we'll try and pack light...

Any thoughts?

flowerybeanbag Thu 10-Jul-08 19:16:36

Come on people I know loads of you have got people carriers...

monkeysmama Wed 16-Jul-08 20:41:10

blush Yes I have a people carrier. Well sort of. Are you taking your own car seat? We have a Porsche Cayenne and it has Isofix fittings which mean our MaxiCosi car seat literally clikcs in and out. Very worthwhile if you can get it. I think some people carriers come with it as standard. Worth checking about the airbags and facilities to switch them off too.

cazzybabs Wed 16-Jul-08 20:47:13

We have just bought a galaxy as they are fairly (we these things go) fuel efficent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now