Talk

Advanced search

Anybody been to Bedruthan steps - which type of room should be book

(4 Posts)
Tapster Thu 10-Jul-08 14:13:25

We are seriously thinking about going to Bedruthan steps in september but we are trying to work out which type of room would suit us best. Our DD will be nearly 2 and will still be sleeping in a cot. I think I would be happier with just a baby listening service if she is in a hotel part and not a villa or elsewhere. But we are worried that with only a sectioned off part of the living room she will wake alot at night as she is a light sleeper and I will be 5 months pregnant and needing my sleep!

poshtottie Thu 10-Jul-08 14:35:56

We were in the hotel part on the first floor in the type of room you described, ds was in his cot. I don't think I would be happy with the baby listening service now though I think they actually give you a monitor rarther than the desk coming to find you.

katebee Thu 10-Jul-08 21:52:49

In your position I would go for a sea view room (1st or 2nd floor).
In the standard villas the children sleep near the bathroom so it is hard to get up in the night or come back to the room without waking them.

In the sea view hotel rooms the children sleep nearest the window so would hear less noise. However the partition only goes 3/4 of the way across.

I think you would have a separate bedroom for your child in a large villa but I think the cost would be very high as it would not be fully occupied.

I think the baby listening service would be fine for the hotel sea view rooms particularly if your child is still in a cot and can't climb out..we worried more with the villas as they are further away. If you don't want to use the monitor the other options are booking a babysitter through the hotel in advance or using the evening childrens club..I think there is a small sleeping room.

Would thoroughly recommend the hotel particularly when your children are pre school age and you can use the discount in september..the costs rocket once one is limited to school hols.

Tapster Thu 10-Jul-08 22:00:36

Thanks so much katebee very useful info - will ask for a sea view room. It does seem very reasonable for a weeks stay in September so want to take advantage of it while DD is still preschool. I'm looking forward to a week of not cooking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now