Talk

Advanced search

Gatwick airport hotel & parking

(9 Posts)
Bradsmum Wed 02-Feb-05 14:46:41

Does anyone know a good place to stay overnight with a 2 year old?

galaxy Wed 02-Feb-05 14:50:43

We always stop at Le Meridien but it's quite expensive. If you Google airport parking it should bring up some links

tiredemma Wed 02-Feb-05 15:13:45

what date is it for and how many nights parking? 3* or 4* and do you want it to be right by airport or dont mind transfers? ill check for you if you like im at work and we deal with airport hotels. x

oooggs Wed 02-Feb-05 15:28:11

We have stayed in two fantastic B&B's 5 min from the airport one owned by the daughter and the other by her parents. They also look after your car and take you to the airport in the morning. If this appeals then give me a shout and I will hunt out the details. Very reasonable and between them we have used them 6 times, with and without kids.

Blackduck Wed 02-Feb-05 15:32:23

oooggs - I wouldn't mind these details as we have always ended up using hotels in the past and they are not cheap!

Bradsmum Wed 02-Feb-05 16:24:44

ooggs and tiredmama - thanks so much for the offers of help! Would love the details of the B&Bs. I've Googled but you can't tell what the hotels are going to be like. We stayed at one last year and it was v expensive and awful - miles of corridor, smelled of soggy cabbage everywhere, tiny dark room and was supposed to be 4*! We're looking at 23/2 for 1 night with 8 days parking.

oooggs Wed 02-Feb-05 16:50:02

Sorry I can't do the links

www.lowfieldfarm.co.uk

www.hideaway-house.co.uk

I can't recommend these places or the people enough. At both places breakfast is served in your room, which is by no means small, which means you don't need to have sorted yourself out, great with little ones.

Bradsmum Wed 02-Feb-05 21:53:39

Oooggs - thank you so much for this - will get in touch with them x

triplets Wed 02-Feb-05 22:33:25

I know of a gem! Collendean Farm, 10 mins max to the airport. Run by Christine its a real working sheeep farm, you stay in your own mini cottage, mini sitting-room, lovely shower room, microwave, telly everything! Christine leaves you a fridge full of food to make your own breakfast, there are 5 of us and we had much to much food, milk, eggs, cereals, you name it! We paid £112 for the five of us inc substantial b/fast, car parking for 22 days and Christine takes and collects you from the airport.A 100% recommendation! The children can take old clothes and wellies and go in the fields and pet the sheep, as my three did. It was the most wonderful start to our holiday. Just type in collendean.barn@amserve.net

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now