Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Taking a 10 year old on a cruise? ALASKA?

(8 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Wed 02-Feb-05 12:55:50

Has anyone taken a 10 year old on a cruise?

Am thinking about one to ALASKA

redsky Mon 21-Feb-05 23:25:54

dd was 11 when we did a baltic cruise last summer. She LOVED the shipboard life - dressing up for dinner, kids club activities, pool, bar waiters making a huge fuss of her, family quiz competitions, etc etc etc. But she got less out of the shore excursions than the rest of us did - lots of listening to tour guides. We all loved cruising so much we are off again for Easter - to Houston and the Yucatan Peninsula. I am very envious of you re Alaska - think that might be our next one.

RTKangaMummy Mon 21-Feb-05 23:37:58

Thats brill

Thanks

juniperdewdrop Mon 21-Feb-05 23:40:31

Ooo sounds lovely We're all off on one in the med in July. My sons are 4 and 7. Ours is fairly informal but you can dress up if you want to. It's the first time for all of us so we're very excited.

Chuffed Tue 22-Feb-05 09:14:26

Alaska is fab - summer is really warm but beware of the mossies as they are brutal.
Are you going to just do the cruise or are you going to go inland at all - totally jealous I would love to do a cruise.

RTKangaMummy Tue 22-Feb-05 09:31:37

It is just in the planning stage atm but am thinking of cruise then west coast of Canada and into Banff etc.

redsky Tue 22-Feb-05 12:56:16

our cruise was one of the more informal ones - norwegian cruise line - with freestyle dining which meant you could choose where and when you ate and you didn't HAVE to get dressed up. So dh and ds could get away with jeans etc and dd and I could glam it up if we felt like it and not feel out of place.

Only slight downside to family cruising - we all shared a cabin with 4 bunks - me, dh, ds(16) and dd(11)!! Bit cramped and no nooky for a whole week!!!!

But as I said before we have all voted to go cruising again so the positives far outweigh the negatives.

WestCountryLass Tue 22-Feb-05 14:47:26

I haven't but my friend is a nurse on the P & O cruise ships and just did Alaska. She reckoned it was fab and I asked her about taking kids and she said they would love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now