Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for getting 3 wheeler pushcair to Lanzarote unscathed? Thinking of travel bag

(11 Posts)
MrsPuddleduck Tue 08-Jul-08 12:10:34

Just wondered if anyone knew where I could get a cheap travel bag for a pushchair - or will an ordinary travel bag do?

lizandlulu Tue 08-Jul-08 12:25:50

what sort it is? any kind of cloth/ material bag would so i suppoe, just to keep it folded up tight. they do chuck them about but i have never had one broken.

saw on our last holiday a wheel going round on the conveyer belt though, and the pushchair followed.

do you already have a bag to put it in?

MrsPuddleduck Tue 08-Jul-08 13:50:20

Its an urban detour so I think I may just buy a large holdall to put it in.

tazmosis Thu 10-Jul-08 22:39:29

Ask to gate check it and they get put in last then and they often give it to you as you walk out of the plane. I've travelled loads with buggies (including an urban tourer when dd1 small) and never had problems.

mckenzie Thu 10-Jul-08 22:47:32

who are you flying with MrsP? I've had some horrible experiences with damaged pushchairs and so now only ever take a cheap buggy. Only okay for a holiday where you don't plan on doing much walking though. I'm not sure a bag will really help with protecting your pushchair though. A strap around the outside to keep it tightly together might be a good idea though.

mckenzie Thu 10-Jul-08 22:48:33

Dont forget you can claim though if the airline do damage your pushchair. Not what you want to happen I know but at least you should get it repaired/replaced if they do damage it.

elmoandella Thu 10-Jul-08 22:54:18

i put my prams in a maclaren buggy bag. it's the biggest one i've found. has a luggage tag and zip pocket. retails at around £20

also a great way for getting around the luggage restrictions. we filled ours to the brim with all the stuff we couldn't fit in the case for the 15kgs.

Lapsedrunner Fri 11-Jul-08 08:02:48

I have taken a large three wheeler loads of times, without a bag, and never had a problem.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 11-Jul-08 08:04:17

Deflate your tyres before you go!

elmoandella Fri 11-Jul-08 09:45:09

i've had a quinny buzz wrecked from them sliding the pram along the cargo bay and ripping the material, actually watched guy do it..

and when it rains i have no idea why they put the prams on the top of the baggage so they get wet and you cant use them
angry
not good at mignight with a screaming baby in arms.

monkeysmama Wed 16-Jul-08 20:01:47

Someone suggested a golf bag to me - a BigBoy one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now