Talk

Advanced search

Nice places to go in Lanzarote

(8 Posts)
blueskythinker Sun 06-Jul-08 00:11:59

I have never been before, but we are thinking of going for 2 weeks in November. Anyone any good suggestions for where to go? We are looking for a fairly quiet resort / close to the beach / nice local cafes & restaurants. We definitely don't want over-developed or night-clubs.

Any suggestions?

SubRosa Sun 06-Jul-08 09:53:43

Costa Teguise is ok. It's a purpose-built resort, and has plenty of English restaurants if you like that sort of thing. There are 2 main beaches: Los Cucharas, which is a big, sandy beach and the smaller Playa Jablillo, which is a small, sandy cove.
HTH

kid Sun 06-Jul-08 09:55:28

I stayed in Costa Teguise and loved it. My DS was 16 months at the time and it catered well for him. I can't remember the name of the hotel we stayed in though, might recognise it if I saw it or heard the name (not much use I know!)

CissyCharlton Sun 06-Jul-08 09:59:22

Playa Blanca is the best place to stay in Lanzarote. I'd recommend the Lanzarote Princess.

SubRosa Sun 06-Jul-08 13:55:42

I forgot to add, it's a good idea to check out accomodation on Trip Advisor. I stayed at Los Zocos (loads of cockroaches, dodgy salads) and Nazaret Apartments (cheap but ok, and you get free bread rolls every morning).

Rachmumoftwo Sun 06-Jul-08 14:10:53

Costa Teguise is nice for families- very little in the way of nightclubs, but nice beaches, restaurants etc. We got a car and explored the island, which worked out cheaper and more pleasant than going on the excursions through the hotel. We stayed at Galeon Playa, it was OK, nothing special but nice enough.

Janetta Thu 24-Jul-08 09:53:54

Playa Blanca without a doubt, all on the flat, lots of great beaches, very family friendly restaurants and villas - in fact I found out about the villa company we went with on here and found Casa Arabella where they supply everything for babies and toddlers x

Mikafan Thu 24-Jul-08 09:55:39

I second using Trip Advisor - brilliant place and saved us from making many an expensive mistake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now