Talk

Advanced search

Cyrpus with 20mth old , tips & ideas ???

(24 Posts)
melsy Tue 01-Feb-05 11:15:19

Weve booked our first ever beach, sun, swim, hols for 3 years and with dd. Were staying at Paphos Amathus beach hotel, amazing amazing half price to brochures deal found on parador website and wondered if anyone had tips on; restaurants, excursions , places to go , shopping etc?? I know from friends and family that this is a great place for kids and food(v important as dh is BIG foodie). Were about 2km from paphos town , whats it like, has it kept its old charm , as Ive been told limassol is quite commercial in comparison???

If we want to visit the ruins can you hire those rucksack carriers for the toddlers?? I cant actually believe dd will be 20mths!! We also want to hire a car to go into limassol one day & then to go up into the mountains for another.Weres the best area to go to? What is child car seat hiring like?

Has anyone eaten at the Elysyumm? Ive read its the best restaurant in Cyprus?? How much can we expect for a dinner with wine for us ??

melsy Tue 01-Feb-05 11:24:27

Were going in May , hope the weathers good ???? Trying to get in whilst we can b4 schools finish !!

myermay Tue 01-Feb-05 11:27:51

Message withdrawn

myermay Tue 01-Feb-05 11:29:20

Message withdrawn

melsy Tue 01-Feb-05 11:32:20

Myermay , thankyou for reminding me , was meant to have asked about nappies. Cant face taking 50+ and wipes !! Do they do pampers active out there?? as she wets through everything else!!!! May be Ill have to check with pampers.

Ooh Im getting all excited now . It was such a bad year for me mental/body/ health wise last year, Im sooooooo needing a change and some sun.

melsy Tue 01-Feb-05 11:32:58

yeah my friend is from there and she said that I wont see dd for dust most evenings!!!

myermay Tue 01-Feb-05 11:36:13

Message withdrawn

melsy Tue 01-Feb-05 12:22:29

afternoon bumpety bump

bonniej Tue 01-Feb-05 12:31:54

i went to cyprus last feb with dd who was about 8 months at the time. The cyrpiots do love children and they were always talking to her and making her smile wherever we went. We stayed in Paphos and went to the tomb of the kings. DD was in a pushchair so it was a bit tricky there and also freezing cold (but i'm sure in may it'll b e lovely). We also hired a car and drove to the top of the Troodos mountains which was fantastic and I would highly recommend it. We didn't go to the beach as the weather wasn't nice enough but it was a lovely place and we had a fantastic time. You'll really enjoy it

bonniej Tue 01-Feb-05 12:32:36

just to add we hired a car with a child seat no probs!

melsy Tue 01-Feb-05 12:44:28

Sounds great bonniej , will have to look up troodos mountains and the tomb.

bonniej Tue 01-Feb-05 12:45:36

be warned though, we went in feb and people were skiing on the top of the Troodos mountains. It was so cold up there. Don't know what it's like in May but wrap up just in case if you go right up to the summit.

Cam Tue 01-Feb-05 13:21:10

melsy, can you tell me the web address you mention in your original post?

Cam Tue 01-Feb-05 14:04:23

It's ok, found it.

melsy Tue 01-Feb-05 18:21:53

You thinking of Cyprus too Cam ??

Cam Tue 01-Feb-05 18:27:54

My dd does as she's doing it as a topic at school this term. Every time she studies somewhere she wants to go there, last year Venice, can get quite expensive! Your hotel looks fabulous.

melsy Tue 01-Feb-05 18:38:37

cool , thats one way to get about !! Venice , went when I was 16 and it was amazing , but was wasted on me as met someoene on the plane, so i was in lurve !!!

It does look nice, also its quite grassy round the pool ,which will hoepfully be safer than tiles for dd,cant wait to be on that balcony !!

How olds dd ??

melsy Tue 01-Feb-05 18:42:55

Wasted as in I just wanted to sit drooling over him rather than taking in this romantic amazing historical place!!!

melsy Tue 01-Feb-05 18:45:15

I would have liked to stay at the Almyra but Parador couldnt do the same deal and to be honest even though its very contemporary and coooool , it may have not been right with dd. To many romantic slushy couples in that one !!!

melsy Tue 01-Feb-05 21:46:05

bumping for evening gang

melsy Wed 02-Feb-05 11:00:54

ok so Im geetting the feeling Ive been talking to myself alot here!!!

Anymore travellers to Cyprus ??????????

melsy Thu 03-Feb-05 09:30:30

anyone else been and have some more tips , need some cheering up this morn.

lunavix Thu 03-Feb-05 09:47:42

Hi Melsy!

Yes we are basically in the same spot (only ds will be a bit younger) will look at your hotel now

melsy Thu 03-Feb-05 09:51:09

this is the discounted booking company .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now