Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What toys has your 2 yo loved? Looking for ideas for my dd's birthday next month.

(22 Posts)
joorla Thu 03-Jul-08 20:25:17

There's so much choice I just dont know where to start and I don't want to waste money on something that she will only play with for a month or two.

Any recommendations??

PortBlacksandRegeneration Thu 03-Jul-08 20:36:08

Bubbles.

Bubble Buckets (with different 'wands'.

Bubble Machines.

You can't go wrong with Bubbles at that age!

(Tescos have some fab bubble stuff inc. 1 litre bubble mixtures.)

Ready4anotherCoffee Thu 03-Jul-08 20:37:26

the velcro fruit and veg is very popular with both my older dcs (4 & 2) try ELC, toys r us, monstercare or similar. Also tea set stuff is popular, they love imitating. I drink gallons of pretend tea some days!

bodiddly Thu 03-Jul-08 20:37:50

Something from the Fisher Price little people range ... the farm or zoo went down well in our house!

poshtottie Thu 03-Jul-08 21:02:45

my ds is 2 this month, we have bought an art eisel from elc and lots of paints etc. We have also bought an etch a sketch though its aged three we think he will enjoy it. He has a bubble machine which is great fun either at bathtime or in the garden. He got a sand pit from his grandparents as an early gift and he absolutely loves it.

mamabea Thu 03-Jul-08 21:06:46

a plastic kitchen- she loves it (now over 3).

also, very inexpensive Russian Doll (the ones with smaller dolls inside each).

AllBuggiedOut Thu 03-Jul-08 21:07:28

Definitely kitchen/play food/microwave etc etc. And jigsaws. Orchard toys ones are great.

MuffinMclay Thu 03-Jul-08 21:39:13

Duplo
Sticklebricks

or are those just boy things?

squeaver Thu 03-Jul-08 21:46:34

Kitchen

tea set

Jigsaws

Animals from ELC

Cars/vehicles etc

Fairies stuff from ELC

muffinmum Sun 06-Jul-08 00:21:52

happyland stuff from elc is a big hit

tea set,she played with one on hols that was all kept inside a big clear tea pot and she LOVED that

loads of play doh and glueing and sticking stuff

books,books,books: all the blue kangaroo ones and sandra boynton ones for my 2yr old

bags, all shapes and sizes,my dds fave at the moment is a kids cool bag from saino's!

Olihan Sun 06-Jul-08 00:23:11

Definitely kitchen and all associated paraphenalia - all 3 of mine adore ours and it's probably the most played with toy that we own.

Amphibimum Sun 06-Jul-08 00:25:46

er, cardboard box? 2yos play with anything and everything. except lovingly thought out toys ime grin

dinkystinky Mon 07-Jul-08 10:51:10

bubblemachine is always a great hit.

We also gave him for Christmas a toy car he can motor around on - he loves it (and spends time "cleaning" it - so sweet).

For our DS's 2nd birthday we gave him a trike - he adores his and loves going on it in the garden, to the shops, to the park, etc.

Teapots, hoovers, anything house-related also huge hits (though at present his favourite toy is a wooden spoon from our kitchen as he likes pretending to be little cook from Big Cook Little Cook - go figure!)

eandh Mon 07-Jul-08 10:54:34

We bought dd1 the ELC kitchen for her 2nd birthday (plus family bought her some accessories to go with it ie kettle/play food/play cake/till etc) she'll be 4 soon and she has played with that kitchen almost every day and dd2 (18months) loves putting things on the stove(makes a noise) and clattering pans etc best thing we have ever ever ever bought!

Kewcumber Mon 07-Jul-08 10:55:45

kitchen
brio trains and track
trike

Twinkie1 Mon 07-Jul-08 10:59:32

A kitchen - I would splash out and get a wooden one though - they look lovely and last.

elfsmummy Mon 07-Jul-08 10:59:41

DD is 2.2

Push chair played with daily (get one with a basket on the back as she loves transporting things around in it - especially dishwasher tablets hmm)also dolls cot and car seat (plus obviously the dolls!

Play kitchen and tea set

Play dough cutters etc (make the play dough - the stuff from shops is too sticky - and expensive) Play dough is the one "craft" thing that she will play with alone for literally hours on end.

madm00se Mon 07-Jul-08 11:04:10

Toy till-Niamh's been playing at "paying" (shooping) for the last 3/4 wks-and I've now bought her a toy till from Woolies-reduced from £15 to a £10. Has a little conveyor belf & microphone, money-coins & paper, credit cards to swipe! Basked & food.

joorla Thu 10-Jul-08 19:28:05

Thanks for all the great ideas - think I'm going to get her a kitchen, can anyone recommend one as they seem to vary in price a lot?

choufleur Thu 10-Jul-08 19:32:13

playdoh - ds will spend ages with the stuff.

cooker

toy animals and farm (or zoo type ting depending which animals ds puts in it - sometimes i'm a bit worried about that the lions are going to eat the cow wink)

cars

AuntieMaggie Thu 10-Jul-08 19:35:27

trampoline

yomellamoHelly Thu 10-Jul-08 19:39:41

A colour doodle. Don't have to worry about leaving them with pens. Ds1 played with it every day for a couple of years. My nephew (2.5) also loves the one we bought for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now