Talk

Advanced search

when to book flights

(4 Posts)
titchy Mon 31-Jan-05 14:04:22

We're off to the Channel Islands in summer. Does anyone know whether we are better off booking a flight now, or whether we would be better waiting till nearer the time in the hope of getting a cheaper flight. We'll be on a scheduled flight. The thought of bagging a really cheap flight tempts me, but equally the thought of not being able to get a flight at all terrifies me!

any advice?

TIA

galaxy Mon 31-Jan-05 14:17:53

I thought flights got dearer as they got more limited? Might be wrong but I was under the impression they usually offered a limited number of cheaper deals and once gone, they reverted to normal prices.

bonym Thu 03-Feb-05 21:40:27

Agree with galaxy - the earlier you book, the more likely you are to get a cheaper fare. I booked flights with Easjet last year, and after checking the prices, when I went to book the following day they had gone up!

Hulababy Thu 03-Feb-05 21:45:08

Just keep checking regular as at the moment there seems to be no pattern to when you eget the best deal. Is normally the earlier the better, but not always.

Example
Booked a flight from Paris to Doncaster last week (to get home from holiday). Checked last Wednesday at it was 4.99 Euros each. Booked on Saturday (when booked res of holiday) and flight for our day home had gone to 42.99 Euros, although the day after was still at the cheaper price (no use to us though)!

Keep checking and as soon as you see a good deal - book it. And then don't check anymore at all, in case you see a better deal than you got and get disappointed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now