Advanced search

Anyone know Petersau in Austria?

(9 Posts)
Hausfrau Fri 28-Jan-05 13:33:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hausfrau Fri 28-Jan-05 15:55:45

sophy Fri 28-Jan-05 18:14:34

Do you mean Pertisau in Austria? If so we have been there a few times: it is beautiful, on a lovely lake. The skiing is probably quite limited there though, for better skiing I would travel to Scheffau or Sol close by. Austrian restaurants are generally very welcoming to children, if you don't mind them living on sausage and chips the whole time. Also, from Pertisau it is possible to hire a horse drawn sleigh to take you into the mountains. Expensive ... but a wonderful experience for young and old.

Hausfrau Fri 28-Jan-05 18:37:35

PicadillyCircus Fri 28-Jan-05 18:39:52

If it's Pertisau then I am jealous of you.

For literary reasons as that is where a lovely series of school stories called the Chalet School is set and I would love to go there.

Have a lovely time

Hausfrau Tue 01-Feb-05 19:41:59

roisin Tue 01-Feb-05 19:51:01

I'm so envious now It's all coming back to me ... we used to just pop down to Austria skiing, or go to Paris for the weekend. Fab location!

Where are you in Stuttgart? On the side of the valley? Stuttgart is stunning in the Spring when all the blossom comes out.

LIZS Wed 02-Feb-05 12:23:19

Glad you enjoyed it -sounds like you have the bug !!

Hausfrau Wed 02-Feb-05 15:17:00

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now