Talk

Advanced search

cheap ferries to ireland

(6 Posts)
Katherine Thu 27-Jan-05 13:58:18

I can find loads of great deals for ferries to France but I really want to go to Ireland. All the prices I'm looking at are approaching £300 - surely someone must be offering a cheap service. Will probably go early summer - June time. Any suggestions?
thanks

bea Thu 27-Jan-05 20:11:53

hi katherine.. there is some information on my thread below... see 'Portaferry, Northern Ireland' thread...

the ferry companies you are looking at are stena and norse merchants...i'm sure they weren't as high as 300... just had a thought though, i've been looking at april dates for sailing... prob summer dates will be more expensive...

good luck anyway!

you may just end up going to france as it's cheaper!!!!

Gem13 Thu 27-Jan-05 20:16:22

It is worth seeing how much it costs from Ireland too.

When we were living there and coming to England it was cheaper to buy it from England than Ireland IYSWIM.

irishbird Thu 27-Jan-05 20:17:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LapsedGymJunkie Thu 27-Jan-05 20:42:05

Katherine with a K (sorry long time family joke)

It is what is known as a monoply, except being the Irish sea there is more than one supplier.

Total price fixing, would love to have the money to do a speed ferries on them.

Katherine Wed 02-Feb-05 11:05:48

Thanks all. I don't mind north or south although would prefer to sail from Liverpool or Holyhead as less driving. Simply cannot find a cheap one though. Very fed up. Looks like its going to be France.

The only way we could go would be to fly - can fly to Cork for £2.99 from Liverpool - Dublin was 99p! Its a joke isn't it. then we would have to hire a car at the other end though which would be £150. Still works out cheaper than the ferry though.

Oh well the kids seem quite excited about France so here we come. I'll be posting for good campsites in Brittany shortly.

If I ever win the lottery I will set up a cheap ferry company to Ireland

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now