Talk

Advanced search

Single mum...desperate for a cheap hol!!

(18 Posts)
TiredBunny Tue 25-Jan-05 22:35:06

Does anyone have any ideas about cheap hols for single parents. Refuse to pay adult price for my 3 yr old and most companies only give free child place with 2 full paying adults!!

misdee Tue 25-Jan-05 22:35:42

have u tried contacting gingerbread?

TiredBunny Tue 25-Jan-05 22:37:21

Am about to try that one... tried to go away last year but was still going to end up paying over the odds prices for the little one.

Tortington Tue 25-Jan-05 22:48:07

how much u wanna spend?

TiredBunny Tue 25-Jan-05 22:50:38

was thinking of £500ish best deal i have seen is a £50 reduction on the adult price for the little one...

Tinker Tue 25-Jan-05 22:55:31

What type of holiday are you looking for TiredBunny? Beach? Cottage? City? Anywhere? For how long? Not school hols I take it.

I've organised 3 week long trips on my own with just me and my daughter - she was 4, 4 and 5 on the trips. Did it all independently, didn't use packages etc. Cheapo ryanair/easyjet flights, cheapest cottages in France/hotels in Italy (but all clean) and hired smallest car. Deffo did them for within £500. Let me know if you need more details.

Tinker Tue 25-Jan-05 22:55:34

What type of holiday are you looking for TiredBunny? Beach? Cottage? City? Anywhere? For how long? Not school hols I take it.

I've organised 3 week long trips on my own with just me and my daughter - she was 4, 4 and 5 on the trips. Did it all independently, didn't use packages etc. Cheapo ryanair/easyjet flights, cheapest cottages in France/hotels in Italy (but all clean) and hired smallest car. Deffo did them for within £500. Let me know if you need more details.

TiredBunny Tue 25-Jan-05 22:57:26

i fancy sun, scenery but a bit of fun and kids stuff.... was thinking of greece... but maybe not practical....like the thought of the south of france.

TiredBunny Tue 25-Jan-05 22:58:18

and unfortunately it has to be school hols as i am a primary school teacher.

Tinker Tue 25-Jan-05 22:59:25

Woudl you be happy organising it yourself or would you want a package?

TiredBunny Tue 25-Jan-05 23:09:41

Would prefer a package really so I dont have to stress about anything and I am terrible at organising things.

Tinker Tue 25-Jan-05 23:11:48

Ah, I'm stuck now.

TiredBunny Tue 25-Jan-05 23:18:27

Where would i start doing it all seperately??

Tinker Tue 25-Jan-05 23:26:39

Well, if looking for cottages, have a look at French Connections site, lots on there. There are lots of other cottage type sites but I'd have to remember what they are! Then I'd look at the budget airlines - ryanair and easyjet both fly to south of France. Not sure whe summer schedules are available (now?). I'll try and post more useful stuff as I remember it but need to have a bath now. But have a look in teh Lone Parents section, quite a few threads there about this subject. Good luck and do organise soemthing. You need a holiday.

Joanna3 Wed 26-Jan-05 16:09:03

Its hard isn't it. All the companies I found charge you adult prices for the first child as they are occupying a seat on the plane and a bed in a hotel room. I saw this company www.mangokids.co.uk (sorry can't do links!) featured on the holiday programme. They hire out a hotel in Majorca and all the other people are single parents so some company in the evenings.

Tinker Wed 26-Jan-05 18:57:06

Thread here

and here

might help

Sheila Fri 28-Jan-05 12:20:29

Tinker did any other adults go with you? If not was it lonely/hard work just you and your dd? What did you do in the evenings when she was in bed?

Italy trip sounds lovely - how did you find hotels there?

grateful for the info - you are an inspiration!

Sheila Fri 28-Jan-05 12:22:48

Sorry Tinker - just realised I asked you the same thing on another thread! And I still haven't been away with ds who will be 5 in March!

What a cowardy custard!

Do tell me agian tho' how you got on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now