Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for great family holiday

(5 Posts)
Peckarollover Tue 25-Jan-05 20:11:19

Believe it or not I havent been on holiday since I was 15. I am now 24 and feel it is long overdue!

I havent been away for so much as a night with DP and neither of the kids have been anywhere either!

Sooooooo........... we think a holiday for all of us is just what we need but Im a bit stuck as to where to go.

Would like it to be nice as I think it may be the replacement to the big wedding we were going to have this year. (we are now thinking of having this holiday with the kids, stopping off at the registry office on the way!)

The kids will be 5 and about 18 months.

All ideas very welcome

Becca
xxxx

moondog Tue 25-Jan-05 20:12:54

What's your budget?
How far are you willing to go?

Peckarollover Tue 25-Jan-05 20:15:56

Would like to do it all on 2k? Including spending money? Is that reasonable?

Not too bothered about how far to go tho not sure how DS would handle very long flight. Would prefer it not to blisteringly hot.

moondog Tue 25-Jan-05 20:24:26

We have had lovely family holidays in Sri Lanka and Thailand?Malaysia with our dd. Arranged independently and stayed in a mix of posh and v basic.
Morocco was also great-too hot in summer though.
Be good in the spring/autumn.
Live in Turkey now, and the people are lovely.
Just got back from Dubai and that was super!!
(As you can tell, holidaying is a hobby of mine

Do you want adventure, or do you want a nice relaxing resort?
Can you deal with arrangements yourself or would you rather someone else did it?
Word of warning-holidays with kids (partic. ones of 18 months are NOT restful! Fun yes! Relaxing no!!)

I've heard that Northern Cyprus is lovely,with a 10th of the visitors of the southern part.

wilbur Tue 25-Jan-05 20:51:21

Simply Travel do lovely holidays - my sister raved about her one to Corsica - and they have kids clubs so you could get some time together with dp after all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now