Talk

Advanced search

Half Term in Blackpool on Ebay

(62 Posts)
bubblerock Tue 25-Jan-05 19:41:35

Hi everyone, I mentioned on here a little while ago that I would be putting Half Term breaks on Ebay. I've just put the first one on but have actually left it open for all of Feb incase Half Term dates differ.
My Ebay name is blackpool25 and the item number is 6507859224

Feel free to get in touch if you have any specific enquiries! Thanks

bubblerock Fri 28-Jan-05 21:29:20

Still at a pound!! Reserve's only 60 quid, that works out at 7.50 pppn (based on 2 adults & 2 children - age 15 and under)

Do you think people want longer breaks or just aren't too bothered with going away in Feb? Still new to this!

I'd appreciate any thoughts and feedback from other parents/business minded people.

Thanks

milliways Fri 28-Jan-05 21:37:32

Hi, I think it sounds a good deal & Blackpool is somewhere I would like to take kids to, but its a v.long drive for just 2 nights from Berkshire.
Bumping this up for you.

bubblerock Fri 28-Jan-05 21:41:19

Thanks Milli, was feeling a bit left out there, we had some guests from Southampton last year that was a long drive, they bought off Ebay and had a great time - lovely people too! I'll probably put some summer holiday weeks on soon. Really looking forward to it, haven't been here long and love having guests.

milliways Fri 28-Jan-05 21:44:54

My friend owns a B&B in Southern Ireland. We went to stay & tried to help. Couldn't believe how many cooked breakfasts she did, plus changed EVERY bed EVERY day, even is same guest staying all week! Is it harder work than you thought?

bubblerock Fri 28-Jan-05 21:51:17

At the moment it's fine because we're so new to it and there's myself, DH and my Mum (plus 2 DS's) which helps, We couldn't do it without my Mum - she's great at ironing!!

I can see why a lot of B&B's become run down as the years go by and the enthusiasm lessens but right now it's a fantastic lifestyle with the kids and you get to meet lots of people!

milliways Fri 28-Jan-05 22:10:46

Will bookmark your ebay details for future date. DH recently self-employed & too skint to consider short break (we were naughty & booked summer holiday anyway!)
Good luck with this season

chatee Fri 28-Jan-05 22:18:25

based on 2 adults + 2 kids, is there room for a travel cot too? would it be allowed....if so could be interested..do you have any more info or could you post a link please...thanks

essbee Fri 28-Jan-05 22:19:19

Message withdrawn

Kayleigh Fri 28-Jan-05 22:20:55

never occured to me to buy any sort of holiday/break on ebay ...wow...must go browse ...

PicadillyCircus Fri 28-Jan-05 22:25:21

Here's a link to it holiday

bubblerock Fri 28-Jan-05 22:39:23

Hi all, sorry I had wandered off around the site - as you do!!

Thanks for adding the link - I must clarify though, the beach scene isn't actually Blackpool unfortunately although our beach is pretty close!

We are really flexible with our breaks and our sleeping arrangements. For example it doesn't have to be the family room. If you were bring children that could sleep in a single room then we have an ensuite double with a single either side which is perfect to keep teenagers close by but giving the parents privacy.

The travel cot does fit into the family room instead of a camp bed, but one of our family rooms has a single next to it and is fairly self contained, this is a good option for extra space as we don't let this single when the family room is occupied - comes in handy for MIL's too!. The ensuite also has room for a travel cot.

We really try to arrange things to suit our guests and don't like to cram people into rooms, every family has different needs which we try to accommodate. Hope this helps! Jenny

Starting to waffle now! Feel free to get in touch

bubblerock Fri 28-Jan-05 22:46:58

*bringing (!) Can't seem to type tonight..

chatee Fri 28-Jan-05 22:58:07

had a look at the link...oops miscounted the kids, we would be 2 adults, 3 kids and 1 baby....what would you suggest in accomodation?
i'm meeting up with a friend you see, is it suitable for a child with physical difficulties?
sorrt, loads of questions but i was supposed to have organised something a couple of weeks ago..

bubblerock Fri 28-Jan-05 23:14:05

hi chatee, how old are the children? I can't see any disability being a problem although we don't have specific disabled facilities, so it would be hard for an adult to be independent at our hotel but for a young child I shouldn't think it would be a problem.

If you give me the kids ages I can let you know if it would be feasable - would the 2 adults want to sleep together or is it 2 families with 1 parent each? Also when were you looking to take a break?
Jenny

chatee Fri 28-Jan-05 23:22:32

1 adult- 1x6yr girl,1x5yr boy
1 adult-1x4yr girl with c/p and 1xbabe who is 1 the very end of Feb
anytime during 14-18 Feb week
basically my friend lives down south and i live more North than you and we like to meet up a couple of times a year(and it's my turn to organise....it's easy for her as we can stay at her house but my dh is workingso no can do 4 kids in the house...)
any combination really(cheapest preferably)as i know her kids would share and i could just about share with my dd for a couple of nights...thanks for helping

bubblerock Fri 28-Jan-05 23:30:31

Hi Chatee, I'll have a think now and be back on in the morning, can't see a problem - I'll work things out and get back to you with a suggestion then you can chat to your friend and see what she thinks!

Night for now, Jenny

chatee Fri 28-Jan-05 23:31:47

cheers jenny,
night see you in the morning...well if i'm organised enough if not may be after lunch...thanks again xx

bubblerock Sat 29-Jan-05 10:06:50

Good Morning!
I've worked out a price based on occupying 2 family rooms for 2 nights midweek. Can you email me and I'll send the price directly to you instead of putting it on the board. If anyone else wants a quote too then feel free to email me your requirements and I'll try to help.
email: bookings@berisfieldhotel.co.uk
Tel: 01253 297705

Jenny

chatee Sat 29-Jan-05 18:15:31

thanks for the info br, we're really looking forward to it...cheque will be in the post on monday...just surfing now for lots of ideas for when we are there!!!

ABitWorried Sat 29-Jan-05 18:47:33

Sorry to be a killjoy, but isn't this a small business ad, and shouldn't you be paying £25 to Mumsnet??

Yorkiegirl Sat 29-Jan-05 19:20:06

Message withdrawn

bubblerock Sat 29-Jan-05 20:55:24

Hi Chatee, sorry I missed you earlier but I was catching up on some zzzz's my youngest is at a stage where he would rather play at 2am than go to sleep! I'm glad everything was ok for you and look forward to seeing you all in Feb!

Thanks Yorkie for stepping in there, we started this chat on another thread where someone was asking for advice on a cheap place to stay - I noticed other people putting links to large complexes and Hotels so thought I would offer my place, but yes I could easily have got a friend to recommend me or said 'hey, have you seen this on Ebay'...

ABitWorried Sun 30-Jan-05 14:19:39

sorry bubblerock - I didn't know that you'd paid - it's just that elsewhere there was a discussion about advertising on the site, and I guess I didn't know this was different...

But a genuine question - why didn't you post it in Small Business Ads then?

Yorkiegirl Sun 30-Jan-05 14:22:21

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: