Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Holidays in Algarve???

(5 Posts)
ellasmum Sun 12-Jan-03 23:12:59

Hi...

I was wondering if anyone had been to either Vale do Lobo or Quinta do Lago in the Algarve??

We want to go over when Euro 2004 is on (very organised I know but I'm sure it will all get booked quickly) so thought I might start some research now - bit of a project whilst pregant with number 2.

We will have a 2 year old and an 11 month old by then - any thoughts?? Are there lots for kids to do e.g. kids clubs etc...

JaneyT Mon 13-Jan-03 08:56:39

Hi ellasmum - we are going to Vale do Lobo in June - dd1 will be 3.5 and dd2 will be 2 then.

I believe there are kids pools etc, and I think that there may be a kids club - we haven't found out yet.

I will let you know what it was like !!

jac34 Mon 13-Jan-03 09:08:45

WE have had some great holidays in The Algarve, in fact Portugal is my fav. holiday destination.
We have visited to both places you mentioned (but not actually stayed there), the area is a little greener and has pine forests.
We usually find our own appartment/villa on the net and pick up a car at the airport.I find this much easier with young children,I think I would find a package deal a bit restrictive now, hotel rooms are too small, appartments too basic, and eating in a dinning room far too stressful.
I would not know about kids clubs, as we don't do packages, but ours usually have no trouble finding little friends, on the beach,siting having meals or around comunial pools etc.
IMO the very best thing about the Algarve is that, at night it becomes quite windy, and quite a bit cooler, which makes it easier to sleep at night. Some would see this as a disadvantage, but I rely love my sleep. The places we have had, have often had, shutters on the windows, so the boys sleep in in the morning( they usually wake at 5:30-6:00 at home).
The site we offten use for any hols. is www.holiday-rentals.com

Azure Fri 17-Jan-03 14:24:44

We stayed at the Sheraton Algarve / Pinecliffs Residences last September and thoroughly enjoyed it (DS was 12 months at the time). We stayed in a two bed townhouse, which had a separate kitchen (with dishwasher and washing machine), dining room and sitting area plus a small terrace and two bathrooms! We could use all the facilities of the Sheraton, including the swimming pools, children's clubs, restaurants etc (billed to the room), and best of all you could get meals delivered by room service. The hotel also arranged a babysitter for us one evening. Basically, all the advantages of a hotel with the space and flexibility of self-catering. The only downside was that the townhouse was on several floors, with some unprotected stone stairs not great for young children (DS had just began to walk); however, the complex also has apartments which I assume do not have this problem. Recommended.

nasa Tue 25-Jan-05 14:13:56

Anyone been to Vale do Lobo have any comments?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now