Talk

Advanced search

Moonfleet manor Dorset

(8 Posts)
strawberry Sun 23-Jan-05 14:34:58

Anyone been here? We're thinking of going after half term. Have been to their sister-hotel The Ickworth. Is Moonfleet the same? Thanks

Gobbledigook Sun 23-Jan-05 15:17:51

Not often we see you on here Strawberry!

How is it going? I'm busy, busy and just taking a 10 min breather from work having a nosey on here!

Sorry, know nothing about Moonfleet Manor though - has it got a website?

motherpeculiar Sun 23-Jan-05 15:40:57

haven't been myself but have heard great things on another forum about moonfleet, particularly from the family perspective.

The brochure looks great. Unfortunately a bit pricey for me just now , some day...

bluesky Sun 23-Jan-05 17:14:19

Not as slick and new as Ickworth. Very worn and lived in. Not right on a beach, you need to go into Weymouth to get to sea/beach. Pool bit outdated. Food good, but after a week, we were dying for something simple. Had a lovely big room, with the children in the sitting area. Unfortunately the laundry room was opposite ours, and every morning at 6am we were woken up as the night porter was walking round doing his last 'walk'. Very squeaky floorboards! I had a nice head massage. Our boys liked the indoor sports hall where we did some tennis each day. It was OK, wouldn't go again. Whereas I would go to Wooley again.

Anteater Sun 23-Jan-05 21:25:15

Can second the tip for Wooley, went in October and it was perfect. The staff, food, house, kids club were all top notch and it has that something extra which is so often missing!

We went to Ickworth in December with Wooley still fresh in our minds but felt a little let down...

strawberry Mon 24-Jan-05 09:13:28

Ok perhaps will give wooley a call. We had a nice break at the ickworth but weren't convinced that it was worth the money.

Hi Gobbledigook! How did the move go? Do you mean not often you see me in the travel section? I mostly hang out in Pregnancy!

Gobbledigook Mon 24-Jan-05 09:49:25

Hi again! Move went fine and settled in now, just desperate for a buyer for our house now! Hope we start getting viewers in the next few weeks as it's a very expensive business running 2 mortgages!!!

How's work going for you? I'm mad busy atm, but not got anything booked from 7th Feb so hoping for a breather despite needing the cash!

keziah Mon 24-Jan-05 10:01:24

just put a message about Wooley on your other thread Strawberry! Didn't see this one.
You should definately look at trip advisor as well. I sound like a commercial for it but on long evenings I sometimes get out glossy travel brochures and look at the real stories about the hotels they say are so amazing!
Sad life! Must get out more...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now