Talk

Advanced search

Calling janinlondon please

(10 Posts)
Merlot Fri 21-Jan-05 14:40:22

Hi Jan

Thanks for your comments on my Greek Holiday thread. The Stoupa holiday looks lovely and we are seriously looking into it

Just a couple questions :-

1. Is there enough to see and do in the area to have a two week break in Stoupa?

2. We love eating out, but with a little one it would be good to be able to cater for ourselves occasionally. Are there enough supermarkets/shops to allow you to do that?

Thanks in advance for your help xx

Merlot Fri 21-Jan-05 17:31:51

bump, just in case you're around this afternoon

Merlot Fri 21-Jan-05 21:20:18

bump for the evening

Merlot Mon 24-Jan-05 09:43:23

bump... as I think you only access MN from work

janinlondon Mon 24-Jan-05 12:52:47

Sorry Merlot - major computer failure at work on Friday so couldn't reply. Glad Stoupa looks like it might be what you are looking for. There are two supermarkets along the main street on the Stoupa harbour, and a very good bakery just off the main road. So plenty of stuff if you want to self cater. There are a few day trips can be done from Stoupa, depending on your dedication and inclination. Archaeology doesn't tend to figure very highly on our DDs list of things to do and see, so we stayed in the area. There are some great caves a bit further down the coast that make a good day out. There is a Stoupa discussion forum here: http://www.zorbas.de/webcam/camboard/ if you want to ask the experts.

Merlot Mon 24-Jan-05 15:50:23

Thanks Jan. Will try and book it now

Merlot Wed 26-Jan-05 09:21:10

Just reserved the 2 bed villa. It doesn't have the private garden, but it is supposed to be very nice.

Can you remember what the position of the 2 beds were like Jan? - I know that's asking an awful lot , but I like the sound of the walled garden now and want my cake and eat it!

Merlot Wed 26-Jan-05 12:52:43

janinlondon Wed 26-Jan-05 13:36:13

I have been in one of the two beds - and it was only newly built at the time so didn't have any garden around it. I have a feeling the two beds are closer to the pool than the one bed we were in, which I think would be nice. They are all high quality units with really very well equipped kitchens, and George (who runs the place) is very fastidious, so I am sure the 2 bed will be lovely. You will have a wonderful relaxing time. The restaurant on site is more pricey than the tavernas in town, but it is fab food so its worth eating there at least once. And the beach just over the headland from the main Stoupa town is actually nicer than the town one, so don't forget to try it. And report back!!

Merlot Wed 26-Jan-05 16:44:53

Thanks so much, really looking forward to it now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now