Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lakes - child friendly hotel + superb food? dream or not?

(10 Posts)
Lorax Thu 20-Jan-05 14:50:18

Any advice please - would like to take DH to Lake District for b'day in late April - but will have 2 DSs with us (18mth, 3.5yr)- any ideas for friendly place where we can have great b'day-ish type evening meal but with baby monitor under the table?? Have looked at the Langdale - anything else?

elliott Thu 20-Jan-05 14:52:29

There's the one near Bassenthwaite called Armathwaite HAll I think - haven't been but it might be what you're after. Quite swanky but advertises as child friendly. There's also a 'world of animals' next door (or possibly on the grounds) which would be fun for the littlies.

elliott Thu 20-Jan-05 14:53:09

btw if you go please feed back - have 2 ds's similar age gap (13 months and just 3 now)!

Lorax Thu 20-Jan-05 14:57:56

brilliant - thanks muchly elliott (and v apt - elder DS is Elliot!)

LG Thu 20-Jan-05 14:58:15

Holbeck Ghyll near windermere is very friendly and will have children.

Lorax Thu 20-Jan-05 15:06:13

thks LG - good food?

zubb Thu 20-Jan-05 15:13:32

whitewater hotal

Think this is where a friend of mine stayed with her son (think he was 9 months at the time). They had baby listening facilities I think but you'll have to check. They did kids food in the bar early evening, highchairs all there, and there was good food in the restaurant later.
And the added bonus is that there is a swimming pool, and while dh takes the kids there you can book a massage.

miranda2 Thu 20-Jan-05 15:18:07

Haven't stayed at ARmathwaite Hall, but have eaten there - superb food. Looked very child friendly, and the v.posh restaurant were unfazed by having our 2 yr old for lunch and brought him hot chocolate in a silver pot while we had tea and coffee afterwards! 'Trotters World of Animals' also v.good, with nice indoor soft play barn as well as the zoo. Highly recommend it - gorgeous place.

Lorax Thu 20-Jan-05 16:02:27

all sounding very good - many thanks for advice for a southerner recently arrived in the northwest!

grumpyfrumpy Thu 20-Jan-05 19:11:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now