Talk

Advanced search

Giffords Circus

(13 Posts)
climbanymountain Thu 29-May-08 20:02:51

Didn't know where to put this....

but has anyone been to Gifford's Circus. Was wondering about going but looked at website and wondered if it was to 'artsy' for kids and that they'd be bored. hmm hmm

yogabird Thu 29-May-08 23:01:14

dd went with nursery when she was 4 and loved it - really loved it, dh accompanied and returned quite animated too grin

climbanymountain Fri 30-May-08 18:23:15

Thanks yoga, that's sounds hopeful.

Anyone else?

JackieNo Fri 30-May-08 18:26:16

This person has a couple of boys, not sure of exact ages, but about 3/4 and about 6/7 I think, and they seem to have enjoyed it.

ButterflyBessie Fri 30-May-08 18:27:32

I have been twice, with children as young as 23 months.

The kids loved it, it is very small and intimate, nothing like the more normal circusesgrin

Toti Gifford is gorgeous grin - or was a few years ago, if he has turned into shrek for any reason, he was gorgeousgrin

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 30-May-08 18:35:07

Yes yes yes

Not a normal circus, usually the show revolves around a theme - last time was a pearl IIRC.

The equestrienne is amazing, and they have 'guest artistes' - I have seen Mongolian dancing horses so beautiful they make you weep, and Russian tumblers that make you go --->shock

Toti is amaaaazing, high wire, juggling, virtuosi violin, you name it.

They are not coming round our way this year sad the nearest to us is Minchinhampton.

My boys first went when they were 4 and 2, have seen Giffords 3 times now I think.

climbanymountain Fri 30-May-08 20:24:55

Brilliant I'm definitely going to book.

moodlumthehoodlum Fri 30-May-08 20:27:01

grin grin We are going to Longborough on 20th July and ds is sooooo excited. We all are TBH, so its great to hear some good reviews. It was in the paper this weekend with people raving about it so hurray hurray!

nell2000 Wed 09-Jul-08 21:57:51

hello its Nell Toti's wife yes he is gorgeous ......
the show is suitable for all ages

NoBiggyFinish Wed 09-Jul-08 22:01:03

Ooh look! Did you see who's here grin

We went in Newbury just recently. Fab. Took a 1 year old and a 4 year old. Much clapping and grinning.

bluesky Thu 10-Jul-08 21:54:55

it's brilliant, would go again tomorrow!

sophy Fri 11-Jul-08 14:05:02

Just to endorse what others have said.

It's really good and appeals equally to children and adults.

And when I had an asthma attack there (allergic to horses) they couldn't have been more helpful.

LadyThompson Wed 16-Jul-08 11:42:24

It's so lovely, went a couple of weeks ago. Just charming. Part of the fun was watching a tiny girl (abot five or 6) ont he front row who was BESIDE herself with excitement and enjoyment. The acrobatic family are amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now