Talk

Advanced search

Honeymoon Suggestions Please

(22 Posts)
Springchicken Tue 18-Jan-05 15:07:44

Can i have some suggestions/recommendations regarding honeyoon destinations please.

We are getting married June 06 but are a bit clueless on the honeymoon front. We are looking for something relaxing, tranquil, hot, white beaches etc but also with things to do - we couldn't just sit on a beach for 2 weeks, we would be bored out of our skulls.

bigbananaflambe Tue 18-Jan-05 15:11:00

The East Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico has some lovely bits - Tulum is a haven of white beaches and palm trees and crystal sea. Then a bit further up the coast you have Playa Del Carmen and Isla Mujheras which are much more touristy, but are interesting, fun and really happy places.

Lucky you, I wish I was planning my honeymoon again! We just went to the middle of the french countryside - we wanted a low key honeymoon of just vegging!

Enjoy

franch Tue 18-Jan-05 15:13:53

We did Pangkor Laut in Malaysia for a week (private island, one of the top beaches in the world, villas on stilts in the sea), followed by a few days' adventure in the Borneo rainforest and a couple of days' shopping in Kuala Lumpur. We got most of our ideas from this excellent book . Have fun!

nailpolish Tue 18-Jan-05 15:15:12

i got married in june and we went to Paris. best decision i have ever made. it was hot, there was loads to do and we had the best time ever

collision Tue 18-Jan-05 15:17:14

Puglia in Italy. Fabulous! Alberobello in beautiful and you could stay in a trullo which is a little house with a round roof. Similar to how you would imagine Fairyland! Lots to do and cheap flights to Bari with Ryanair. Food is great and weather should be good too in June. Will find you a website if you are interested.

franch Tue 18-Jan-05 15:19:31

Pangkor Laut

Tommy Tue 18-Jan-05 15:26:50

We went with a Company called "Magic" - i.e. The Magic of Spain, Italy etc. We went to Granada in Spain for some culture and then onto to Nirja for some sunbathing and swimming. They organised all the travel and stuff - very nice

gingerbear Tue 18-Jan-05 15:29:32

Boracay in the Phillipines
fabulous.

milge Tue 18-Jan-05 15:55:33

Safari then beach in kenya - good combination of relaxation( 2 weeks) with a week of early starts, jeeps and peering at animals. loved it.

bonym Tue 25-Jan-05 18:36:03

The Banyan Tree in the Seychelles is complete heaven on earth - we had a beachfront villa just a few steps from the mainly deserted beach (own pool, outdoor jacuzzi & shower - very private, very quiet) - fantastic service, wonderful food. Plenty to see if you take trips to the other islands (not expensive by boat). Would go back there like a shot (but can't afford to yet! .

bonym Tue 25-Jan-05 18:37:30

The Banyan Tree in the Seychelles is complete heaven on earth - we had a beachfront villa just a few steps from the mainly deserted beach (own pool, outdoor jacuzzi & shower - very private, very quiet) - fantastic service, wonderful food. Plenty to see if you take trips to the other islands (not expensive by boat). Would go back there like a shot (but can't afford to yet! .

oooggs Tue 25-Jan-05 19:57:56

Florida Keys or Clearwater.

ScummyMummy Tue 25-Jan-05 19:59:43

How far do you want to go? I think I'd choose somewhere like Sardinia or Corsica. They seem beautiful and romantic but not too far away.

jessicasmummy Tue 25-Jan-05 20:00:08

im having my delayed honeymoon in butlins of all places! it will be august - hot hopefully - beach - but LOADs to do!

006 Tue 25-Jan-05 20:03:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CelluliteQueen Tue 25-Jan-05 20:07:41

DH and I had 3 weeks at Le Saint Geran in Mauritius 12 years ago. To say it was the dog's bo****ks would be something of an understatement but we certainly couldn't afford to ever do it again (at least not in the absence of a lottery win)!!!

CelluliteQueen Tue 25-Jan-05 20:10:35

006 we are also huge fans of the Maldives (have been there 3 times) before DS came along that is.

smellymelly Tue 25-Jan-05 20:24:56

We went to The Red Sea,in Egypt for our Honeymoon last summer. Try Taba, or El Gouna.

Riebee Tue 25-Jan-05 21:24:28

We went to meeru Island in the Maldives last February on our Honeymoon and it was fabulous. It was one of the bigger island so there was quite alot to do in terms of water sports and they had a wonderful spa there too. We went dolphin spotting and the best thing was swimming with the Mantra rays. I truly gorgeous place

Riebee Tue 25-Jan-05 21:25:30

I truly? I meant A truly gorgeous place

highlander Tue 25-Jan-05 23:06:13

Franch, it looks gorgeous. Sigh, when will DS grow up so we can go on shagfest holidays again....

mishi1977 Tue 25-Jan-05 23:11:43

hi spring
for our honeymoon we went to egypt and spent a week in luxor sightseeing etc overlooking the nile was fab and then spent a week in hurghada which is right by the red sea which was gorgeous aswell..typical beach holiday lay back doing nothing much at all etc..it was the best holiday and i couldnt have thought of anything better for our honeymoon
hope this helps
mishi

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: