Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Honeymoon Suggestions Please

(11 Posts)
Springchicken Tue 18-Jan-05 13:18:26

Can i have some suggestions/recommendations regarding honeyoon destinations please.

We are getting married June 06 but are a bit clueless on the honeymoon front. We are looking for something relaxing, tranquil, hot, white beaches etc but also with things to do - we couldn't just sit on a beach for 2 weeks, we would be bored out of our skulls.

nerdgirl Tue 18-Jan-05 13:19:49

It's your honeymoon! You're not supposed to see the outside of your room at all!!

Lucycat Tue 18-Jan-05 13:20:56

We opted for a really nice hotel in Olu Deniz in Turkey as the sort of hotel that we could've afforded in the Caribbean wouldn't have been that nice! Lots of 'stones' to see if you like that sort of thing. Or Greece! I'd move their tomorrow. Parga on the mainland is gorgeous. Shhh though keep it a secret!

Lucycat Tue 18-Jan-05 13:21:38

P.S Just don't tell your DB's fiance where you're going! I read the other thread

Merlin Tue 18-Jan-05 13:22:07

When we got married in 2000 we were going to Thailand, but then I found out I was pregnant, so settled on Sardinia instead! Not quite white beaches, but beautiful anyway, and lots of places/national park to explore inland as well - you need to hire a car. We stayed at the Hotel Don Diego (can't do a link but if you Google it will come up). Lovely hotel with it's own private beach, beautiful pool, fantastic restaurant etc.

chocfreeclary Tue 18-Jan-05 13:23:32

You might be surprised by how tiring your wedding day is, so you might want to do what we did and make the honeymoon (which was the next day) short haul.
We went to Andalucia, which was lovely. I would certainly not want to do a big long flight to California or Hawaii or wherever the day after my wedding. On the other hand, if you're goign a cople of days later, it might not be an issue.
just somethignto consider.

Angeliz Tue 18-Jan-05 13:34:50

LOL at Lucycat, i'd be tempted to ask where they're going so you don't 'step on their toes' or 'go there first'..

Marina Tue 18-Jan-05 13:40:38

Corsica...we went there. Pick a resort town like Calvi and there are fabulous boat excursions to Unesco-protected cliffs and beaches, a romantic rackety tram along the coast to other, deserted beaches, hilltop villages within a short drive...lovely food too. And the Corsicans are friendly and relaxed.

bundle Tue 18-Jan-05 13:41:55

marina's sounds lovely, or what about the amalfi coast in italy?

Marina Tue 18-Jan-05 13:41:59

Agree chocfree! We spent our wedding night exhausted slumped in front of the telly in the Hilton Stansted. Too zonked to even go out for dinner. That's why I always feel a bit sad for people who decide against a honeymoon for whatever reason. We really needed that fortnight away in the sun with mobiles OFF.

Marina Tue 18-Jan-05 13:42:49

And the Amalfi coast was our second choice bundle! Did you go there? It looks magical, even if only viewed from a train.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now