Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which DisneyLand Paris hotel?

(56 Posts)
Hulababy Sun 16-Jan-05 17:24:08

As part of our summer holiday we are planning on staying at DLP for 3 nights. I have priced them up for the three of us. DD will be just over 3 years.

Santa Fe = £501
Cheyenne = £537
Sequoia = £595
Newport = £631
New York = £709
Disneyland Hotel = £1015!
Davy Crocket = £539

Anyone got any information about any of these and what they were like?

We will use it primarily as a base only, with breakfast. But must be clean! We will probably use a shuttle bus where we can too. But could use car equally as easy, as parking is included in the price of the holiday anyway.

I don't envisage going back to the hotel during the day at all, or using other services there. We are likely to be in the two parks from early morning to closing. Even if it is wet we are still likely to be out in the parks.

Never stayed in a Disney hotel before.

So, any experience of these hotels would be great. Thanks.

Hulababy Sun 16-Jan-05 18:17:31

BUMP

Quite tempted by the Davy Crocket Ranch, and maybe for 4 nights now.

LIZS Sun 16-Jan-05 18:17:37

We stayed in Sequoia Lodge which has a indoor/outdoor pool, small play corner(!), outdoor playground, but we didn't really make use of them as you say ( nb. check when they close their facilities for cleaning, renovation etc as this can out a pool or similar out of action for a while and they stagger each hotel over the early summer). Characters visited the foyer fairly regularly at breakfast and early evening. It is vast though and breakfast is by timed ticket so you need to check in early-ish to get the best choice of times if it busy.

Our room overlooked the lake and you could see the entrance to the parks, so would probably be able to see a firework display, but equally you could hear the noise from the bars, restaurants and stage in the Disney Village. It was clean and fine for a few days' stay even with 4. They don't have things like hairdryers already in the rooms but you can ask for them at the desk.

Shuttle bus was ok and reasonably frequent but we usually walked it - less than ten minutes around the lake, by Hotel New York and through the village, past the station - so it kept the kids' interest. Food wasn't anything special and we ate dinner in hotel only once.

We stayed in Newport Bay pre kids and although the pool was nice and food more to our taste (seafood etc) it was a little further from the park and we felt Sequoia Lodge was slightly better value with kids. Unless you stay at Davy Crockett you are unlikely to use a car as the main car parks aren't really that much closer to the entrance.

hth

Hausfrau Sun 16-Jan-05 18:41:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hulababy Sun 16-Jan-05 19:15:57

BUMP

Surely more of you have been???

lowcalCOD Sun 16-Jan-05 19:17:41

sister went to the new england type one

siad it was handy being on site biut as you haev a car brother reccd davy crocket - altho you may be mobile homed out by there
he said there was a good pool at dc

lowcalCOD Sun 16-Jan-05 19:18:36

sorry
sister - newport I think
adn brother davy crocket

lowcalCOD Sun 16-Jan-05 19:19:04

look at holidays uncovered .co

Hulababy Sun 16-Jan-05 19:21:24

Thanks - the pool does like nice at DC. Also has a play park and a little farm.

As DLP closes at 8 each night when we will be there, like the idea of getting DD to bed and DH and me sitting with a bottle of wine and a late supper meal outside the cabin. Whereas in a hotel we'd have to eat out and then tiptoe around when DD fell asleep.

lowcalCOD Sun 16-Jan-05 19:23:15

god hula theres loads on there!
click on the " click to see the reivews bit, then go dow to the very bottom to " rest of europe misc"
ands scroll down to F

Hulababy Sun 16-Jan-05 19:24:53

Will look now.

Hulababy Sun 16-Jan-05 19:44:37

Looked at that site. Nothing on Cheyenne and Davy Crocket. Looks like we can cross Santa Fe off the list though, as all reviews were poor.

TwoIfBySea Sun 16-Jan-05 23:19:05

Hulababy we were thinking along the same lines for holiday this year with dst. The price I was getting for DC in late May for 4 nights/5 days was £556 on the special package but I couldn't see if that included park tickets.

We are on a budget so do you or anyone else have some idea how expensive food inside the park is? I hate to be penny-pinching on holiday!

chocfreeclary Mon 17-Jan-05 17:09:45

friend went over christmas holidays twoifbysea and said EVERYTHING in the park was very very expensive. This was actually her main commet about the holiday! tho she did say her 7yo said it was her best holiday ever....

LIZS Mon 17-Jan-05 17:34:55

From memory I think the kids menu's were under 10 euros but can't remember how much - the price was pretty consistent. I have a Restaurant list which marks them as up to 11e, 11-21e and 21e+ which assume is for an entree.

Hulababy Mon 17-Jan-05 17:48:14

I am pretty sure all the dinsney accommodation includes tickets for every day there. They are hopper tickets too, so can be used to move between the two parks at any time.

TBH we didn't find the food too badly priced, so long as you are prepared to let the kids (and you) have fast food type stuff for the duration. No worse than any other theme park, like Alton Towers, Legoland, etc. in our experience. DD lived on the giant hotdogs last time Not great food, but hey, we're on holiday!

And you can always take a sandwich in with you. Not sure if it still says no food to be taken in, but when we went October 2003 everyone seemed to have some food of their own - seemed to be fine so long as you didn't take a big picnic hamper type thing along with you.

Hulababy Mon 17-Jan-05 17:50:21

Yes, the restauurants can be expensive but I think that is common sense TBH. Honestly, we did not find it any worse than any other Theme park at all.

If you want a character meal it is 34 Euros (15 euros for kids) at Chef Mickeys. And you can do lunch cheaper. Tere's also breakfast and a tea party available too - cheaper still. If similar to Florida, the lunch and breakfast was a big buffet and was actually pretty gppd value for the amount you got.

maddiemo Mon 17-Jan-05 17:56:45

Davvy Crocket is great.

Swmming pool, small farm, shop, grounds for kids to play swings etc. Think they also have a adventure playground now with tree top walks.
You can hire bikes with trailers to take the kids round the grounds.
I like having microwave, hob and barbie, all handy when you have little ones. We used to come back late and warm up soup with crusty bread and cheese and sit outside and relax while the kids were asleep.
My sister ha sstayed at Santa fe and Cheyenne but felt the Davvy Crocket was much nicer.

Hulababy Mon 17-Jan-05 17:58:49

Thanks for that maddiemo - we are now veerinf very much towards staying at Davy Crocket, especially as we are now likely to spend 4 nights there. Have to admit I do like the idea of putting DD to bed, and me adnd Dh having a late supper and wine together - maybe even a barbie if nice

Lolski Tue 18-Jan-05 09:37:44

We went in December and stayed at 'Pierre Vacance'. We had our 12 month old ds with us so wanted/needed self catering. The reason we chose there above Davy Crockett was because they had showers in the apartments (although we had to book a room for 7 people to get a shower - it really was only a little bit more to pay for that so we didn't mind)- Davy Cropckett just have baths...by the time the three of us were bathed and ready to go out it would have been lunchtime !!! Also Pierre Vacance was a bit nearer (a few minutes drive as oppesed to 15 minutes). Anyway very basic but very clean. Good if you just want a home from home base.
We have also stayed at the Santa Fe (pre baby days !!) and it was fine although it was a while ago so not sure what it's like now.

littlemissbossy Tue 18-Jan-05 09:45:37

Hulababy we've stayed at the Newport Bay (twice) and Davy Crockett (once). The hotel was better and the price included breakfast at either anyway. If there's just the three of you, I'd say go for a hotel option, you can walk to the park from there and nip back easily if you need anything. BTW Davy Crockett was ok, the facilities - swimming pool, restaurant, etc were really good and usual Disney standard but the chalet/log cabin that we stayed in needed some serious renovation and was NOT clean (2 years ago) - we had to complain and I've never had to do that on a holiday before
HTH

handlemecarefully Tue 18-Jan-05 15:28:50

We've booked the Disneylandhotel at end of Feb. Apparently there are character breakfasts every day - all included. Has anyone else stayed there? What did you think?

Hulababy Tue 18-Jan-05 15:32:42

Wow hmb - it looks fab! But so expensive!!!

handlemecarefully Tue 18-Jan-05 15:36:59

Well we haven't been on holiday for 2.5 years so we thought - what the hell!

Hulababy Tue 18-Jan-05 15:37:58

Don't blame you Have a great time!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now