Talk

Advanced search

Favourite European city to visit?

(7 Posts)
efmach Wed 12-Jan-05 18:20:03

Want to take the family on a short trip (3/4 nights) to a European city in March. Any good ideas or recommendations? Thanks

JanH Wed 12-Jan-05 18:33:46

Haven't been to many, but we loved Copenhagen - we were there in August though so it was warm. The Little Mermaid is there and you can go on fantastic boat trips round the canals (?) and many people speak excellent English.

Also you could possibly take a side trip to Legoland Billund which is just fab - I haven't been to the Windsor one but from what I've heard it's like a different institution altogether, the Danish one is charming. (Reopens on March 19, when are you going?)

Tinker Wed 12-Jan-05 18:44:38

How old are the children? Venice is magical but wouldn't recommend if still using a pushchair. Loved Barcelona.

pootlepod Wed 12-Jan-05 18:53:58

Think I've enjoyed most cities I've visited.

Would second Copenhagen, very cycling friendly and there's also Tivoli, which is an amusement park but also has different shows going on- we saw an amazing acrobat display and also a brass band. Also has quite a few different museums and a few places in easy reach by train/bike from the capital, Koge, Helsingor for castles/pretty towns etc.
Legoland is great, though we went when we were childless and did the cheapo thing of going after 6pm when it's free-although the rides are shut. great if you just want to see the lego stuff though. (That would SO be my ideal job)

efmach Thu 13-Jan-05 17:37:37

Thank you so far for your suggestions. What about Barcelona? Any good ideas for an 11, 8 and 5 yr old?

spacedonkey Thu 13-Jan-05 17:39:35

There are LOADS of things to do with kids in Barcelona ... visit Camp Nou, the whole maritime complex with aquarium and imax cinema, great parks ... highly recommended

JanH Thu 13-Jan-05 17:41:55

and much warmer than Copenhagen!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now