Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Arenal d'en Castell - Menorca - Have you been ?

(19 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Tue 11-Jan-05 22:00:44

Message withdrawn

Kayleigh Tue 11-Jan-05 22:01:35

it was me - my original post has disappeared - will try and find it and copy and paste.

Kayleigh Tue 11-Jan-05 22:05:45

No idea where it went. Strange. Here goes again !

What is the resort like. We went to Cala Galdana last summer and are thinking of Arenal this year. We would go end may and my boys will be almost 7 and 4 when we go.

Anyone know of Aparthotel Isla Paraiso ? Looks good in the JMC brochure but can't find any reviews on hoidaysuncovered.co.uk.

Thanks

Yorkiegirl Tue 11-Jan-05 22:06:36

Message withdrawn

Kayleigh Tue 11-Jan-05 22:49:04

Loved Cala Galdana. It was a really lovely resort - great for the kids. Lots of small playgrounds, the beautiful main street with the magic tap and water slide. Perfect.

What is Arenal like compared to it ?

Yorkiegirl Tue 11-Jan-05 22:50:37

Message withdrawn

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 11-Jan-05 22:52:05

we went to son bou. Conceived the DTs there. Ah... the memories.... I think that menorca is such a lovely island that I don't think you can really go wrong.

LIZS Wed 12-Jan-05 09:34:51

Not sure if it is the same area you mean but we stayed in Playa de Palma just outside S'Arenal. We didn't really venture into the town but the beach along there was great, with play areas and mini golf etc for kids, and you could get into Palma easily by bus too. Very short transfer from airport but surprisingly little aircraft noise. The area we stayed in was German/Dutch orientated, not sure if it is true of the whole resort.

LIZS Wed 12-Jan-05 09:35:25

oops just realised I misread as Majorca -ignore !

lowcalCOD Wed 12-Jan-05 09:56:44

went to son bous as well wodul avoid it in peak hols but lovely early JUly

louise1974 Wed 12-Jan-05 10:55:41

We loved cala n forcat. Its a small resort but probably the biggest in menorca. Lots of bouncy stuff for the kids and some lovely little restaurants.
We travelled to Son bou for the beach but HATED it. very breezy no shelter from the blazing heat. Couln't wait to get back to the hotel pool.

lou33 Wed 12-Jan-05 11:08:18

i was in arenal about 3 years ago. Smallish resort, pretty beach. Son bou has a big beach but there is no shade. I hated cala n forcat, sorry.

The main towns are nice for a wander as well.

Kayleigh Wed 12-Jan-05 14:00:32

Right - I have booked the holiday so please don't say anything nasty about it now

nasa Thu 13-Jan-05 09:04:06

can i just resurrect this thread, ANyone know anything about the area around Cala Morell?

Kayleigh Thu 13-Jan-05 11:00:16

nasa , you may get a better response if you start a new thread with "Cala Morell" in the title

Dizzdy Thu 13-Jan-05 18:20:32

Hi went to Cala Galdana in Menorca last year for holiday. It was awesome! We hired a car and went all over the island and looked at many many beaches. In fact lots of them were nudist beaches!!! And no!! I did not take all my clothes off and join in!! You cannot go wrong anywhere in Menorca it is beautiful. You must visit the caves of Xoiroi and also the pretty little village of Binibeca. You will have a lovely time, believe me.

Dizzdy Thu 13-Jan-05 18:22:05

Hi has anyone ever been to Bulgaria?? Really fancy going this year but would like to know more about it. Please feel free to e-mail me.
Dizzdy2000@fsmail.net
Cheers Dizzdy

Wondermom Thu 20-Jan-05 18:17:04

Been to Calan Bosh a few times. Stayed in Hotel Club Falco. EXCELLENT!! Will be going again for sure. Hotel built in kind of a village style. Great evening entertainment... NOT tacky atall. The children loved the early evening 'action songs'and dancing and entertainment for the adults was very good. Check it out in 20005 brochures... Quite expensive but you will have a GREAT holiday!!

Wondermom Thu 20-Jan-05 18:17:48

Calan Bosh, Menorca... not Bulgaria

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now