Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do I find out flight times to Canada please from London?

(13 Posts)
SecondhandRose Tue 11-Jan-05 20:26:46

Want to find out flight times to the big Canadian cities, have searched on google but it just brought up flights for sale. Any ideas?

Tinker Tue 11-Jan-05 20:28:07

Don't the airports list their departures on their websites?

highlander Tue 11-Jan-05 20:33:19

if you go to the airlines' web sites I think they give you flight schedules as well

eg Zoom, Air Canada, BA, KLM, Lufthansa etc

JanH Tue 11-Jan-05 20:34:06

which airport?

Frizbe Tue 11-Jan-05 20:35:48

...as suggested try various websites ie virgin and once you try and book a flight say Heathrow to Toronto, it'll give you the available times!

princesspeahead Tue 11-Jan-05 21:04:05

easiest way is to do a search on expedia, it will give you all options plus flight times

LunarSea Tue 11-Jan-05 22:34:08

Expedia won't give you all the airlines - zoom, transat, thomas cook etc probably won't be there.

princesspeahead Tue 11-Jan-05 22:36:49

no, it wont do charters but it will do everything else I think.

RTKangaMummy Tue 11-Jan-05 22:40:44

LONDON to TORONTO IS ABOUT 7+ HOURS APPROX

leaving london lunchtime arrives teatime toronto

leaves 3pm london arrives about 6pm

leave toronto 6-7pm arrive london 6-7am next morning

hope that makes sense

MeerkatsUnite Wed 12-Jan-05 09:56:51

London to Vancouver is around nine and a half hours duration.

HTH

LunarSea Wed 12-Jan-05 11:33:24

To get the non-expedia flights (usually cheaper!) you can try the following:
Canadian Affair - for Thomas Cook flights
Globespan - for Air Transat Flights
Zoom

If you're looking at Vancouver for a long stay it might be worth checking out prices to Seattle too. It's not a long drive up the coast, and quite often flight prices into Seattle are a lot less than they are into Vancouver, owing to the extra competition.

SecondhandRose Wed 12-Jan-05 21:52:16

Thanks everyone, we are doing a houseswap to Vancouver in July and found out what the flying time is so it made me wonder perhaps how long it is to the Eastern side. Thanks for the flight tips, will take a look.

highlander Thu 13-Jan-05 03:39:17

If you're going to Seattle then driving (excellent idea, friends of ours did that) then beware of coming through the border crossing (the Peace Arch) at 5pm on a Sunday or on a Canadain Holiday e.g. Canada Day 1st July.

If you're doing that and buying loadsa cheap American stuff, make sure you take the tags off and hide them. Don't declare anything coming across the border or they'll sting you for Customs Tax. Deny everything and they'll wave you through (the customs guys are too overworked to bother searching).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now