Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

In London for 10 days w/2yr old. Good parks?

(4 Posts)
ChicagoMom Tue 11-Jan-05 02:03:22

My 2-year old daughter and I will visit London for 10 days at the end of January. My husband will be working so my daughter and I will be alone during the day. We intend to do sightseeing, but I would also like recommendations for parks and play spaces to visit that have good play equipment where she can blow off some energy and I can take it easy. We'll be staying in the Earl's Court area.

I have heard that the Diana Memorial play area is good--is it free?

Does London any open play groups or clubs that we could attend?

bigbananaflambe Tue 11-Jan-05 07:58:39

Diana memorial park is free and is great. St James' park is not far from where you are staying and is beautiful; green Park is also nice.There are probably some soft ball park indoor play places too - don't know of any as I don't live in london anymore. Worth getting a guide book - there is a little pocket size book called Time out London for Kids guide or something - worth looking on internet for. Time Out guides are very good.

ixel Tue 11-Jan-05 08:18:24

Coram's Fields, in the Holborn area is very nice. Play things, and toilets/nappy changing, and safe... you can only go in with a child in tow.

hester Tue 11-Jan-05 09:00:41

Holland Park has good play areas for children, as well as refreshments places, peacocks, and a Japanese garden. It is about 10 minutes walk up from Earls Court. If you walk five minutes further, you get to Kensington Gardens (Diana memorial play area etc) and Hyde Park (Serpentine etc). All the park anyone could need!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now