Talk

Advanced search

going to france?

(8 Posts)
eleanorsmum Sat 08-Jan-05 16:39:51

We have very kindly been offered a week in france in june free (with granny and gramps!). really want to go but bit scared aboutr feeding a 10mth old (she will be then) - i make it all at the mo and have a handy belnder but it's electric. can i use it abroad or where can i buy a battery powered one?

Tinker Sat 08-Jan-05 16:41:39

Just take an adapter. Don't let that put you off a free holiday.

Beetroot Sat 08-Jan-05 16:42:28

Message withdrawn

JanH Sat 08-Jan-05 16:42:41

She won't need blended food by then - will she - ??? (My baby is nearly 12 so I can't remember!) But I would have thought she would be eating lots of finger foods by then?

Anyway you could take your blender, if you are still using it, and a plug adaptor!

happymerryberries Sat 08-Jan-05 16:45:52

If it is just for a week , why not just pack a potato masher?

eleanorsmum Sat 08-Jan-05 16:46:53

didn't think of an adaptor! cool idea folks. ta. any other tips for a little one in france?

Marina Mon 10-Jan-05 11:03:46

Try and find out if the accommodation has a food processor. We have been using gites for years (if you are going to a gite) and the range of kitchen equipment in the 3 "epi" gites these days leaves British holiday accommodation standing IMO. You might not need to take one at all.

HappyNewCardigan Mon 10-Jan-05 11:24:44

Often pavements are narrow & smaller shops difficult with a pushchair - I have always used babybjorn babysling on holidays. Useful for travelling as well as can carry little one safely on & off train/plane/boat. Could take some mosquito repellent suitable for babies (get mine from boots).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now