Talk

Advanced search

Things to do in North Yorkshire, please.....

(9 Posts)
collision Fri 07-Jan-05 15:07:13

We are going to Gigglewick in N Yorkshire for a week in March. I usually go onto netmums.co.uk to find out what there is to do for children but unfortunately the site isnt complete for that area.

I would like to know where there are some good toddler groups that I can drop in on and some soft play areas and storytimes etc.

Skipton, Settle, Giggleswick and near areas are the only places I really know. TIA

collision Sat 08-Jan-05 14:20:19

come on......there must be Mumsnetters in Nth Yorkshire!!!!!

Carameli Mon 10-Jan-05 21:07:59

There is a birds of prey place near Settle. I cannot remember what its called. I will have a look online to see if I can see it. I had booked a red letter day thing for dh a couple of years ago and we went there. They have guys that fly the birds of prey around at certain times during the day and you can look at the birds themselves as well.

found this:
\linkhttp://www.yorkshirevisitor.com/exec/122514/6390/pcode=GBYTB0353X,database=twnpytb\YorkshireDalesfalconrycentre}

Carameli Mon 10-Jan-05 21:08:19

sorry not very good at doing links

Carameli Mon 10-Jan-05 21:09:10

YorkshireDalesfalconrycentre

AuntyQuated Mon 10-Jan-05 21:12:02

Skipton castle
Hazel Brow Farm (should just be open and you will be able to feed the lamb)

my friend lives just outside Skipton so i will ask her for you

AuntyQuated Mon 10-Jan-05 21:13:58

it says open from March 31st but give then a ring and they will prbably let you do the lamb stuff anyway

LouBeeLou Fri 14-Jan-05 12:41:10

Hi collision

I'm in North Yorks, but about 40 miles from Giggleswick.

How old are your kiddies? Are you looking for just indoor things?

collision Tue 18-Jan-05 15:30:08

Thanks for all the replies. I will def do the falconry and look into the farm. I also wanted to know about drop in playgroups and storytimes if anyone knows of any. TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now