Talk

Advanced search

the city of paris & walt disney world eurodisney - give me your bestest tips pleasey weasy

(12 Posts)
Tortington Thu 06-Jan-05 23:37:02

i have been before - years ago and wasnt impressed - but my kids are 15 and 11 and so will go on rides and things and for lunch am planning a big picnic thing a la francais - can you go back out to your car to get your picnic stuff - i think you can but am not certain

also is there some queue cutting thing?

is there any tips for walt disney film studios? never been to that

right paris - never been and and taking 3 kids 11 & 15 apart from the eiffel tower i cant think of anything else that they might vaguely appreciate. dh has got a thing for seeing the mona lisa - but i hear the queues are very long - and i am really not tht bothered actually as culture in the main boes me shitless.

we are camping eurotent stylee just outside paris - so no hotels or any frills which accompany them would apply.

TIA

JanH Thu 06-Jan-05 23:37:49

Try the sewers, custy!

Mothernature Thu 06-Jan-05 23:39:12

No tips but very my twins went last year on a activity holiday loved every min....I can smell the warmth of the sun and the crust bread with cheese.....mmmm holidays..lol

JanH Thu 06-Jan-05 23:39:57

website

Gomez Thu 06-Jan-05 23:41:21

Don't go!

Sorry nothing helpful to add at all. Went last year and bloody hated the place. I think thou that Hulababy (maybe??) went recently and had a ball so might have some top tips for you.

Paris itself is fabby but quite expensive.

mammya Fri 07-Jan-05 00:00:44

I've never been to Disneyland Paris but have been told that a good queue-cutting tip is to race to the end of the park and come back on yourself IYSWIM. Also to go in the Louvres Museum you can go via the métro station to beat the queues (at least you used to be able to, not sure if that's still the case).

As for good things to do in Paris with your kids, the Cité des Sciences in La Vilette is pretty good (but don't know how much it costs); go on a boat trip on the Seine (quite pricey I think); the Pere Lachaise cemetary is pretty amazing; I also like the Arenes de Lutece (the old Roman theater/circus). Never been in the Catacombes/sewers but it's supposed to be really good.

goreousgirl Fri 07-Jan-05 00:07:56

There is a fast-track pass which you go and collect from relevant rides and it gives you a 'window' of time to return in. Check times for parades in the park and studios, so that you can plan your day around them.

Book good restaurants on the park in advance if you're up for that sort of thing!

MeerkatsUnite Fri 07-Jan-05 13:57:49

Custardo,

I found the Studios very disappointing overall - only decent thing there was the Action Moteur Stunt show. This is well worth seeing. Think your tickets will allow you to park hop.

There is a system at Disney called Fastpass which will enable you to have a window of an hour to board some rides without having to queue up for ages. It works to a certain extent. You have to ensure you get a fastpass ticket for everyone who wants to ride though. Once you have a fastpass you have to wait for the start time on the ticket before you can get another fastpass for another ride.

Tortington Fri 07-Jan-05 20:51:35

thanks everyone keep it coming - any one had a good experience of walkt disney studios??? i dont want to pay out a lot of money for poo.

janh - i thought you were talking about my mouth - i had a paranoid " they're picking on me" second last night after i had first read the JF debacle LOL

then i though - shes right i swear way too much - then the thread went ont o explain - you can actually go into the sewers!

excellent

LIZS Sat 08-Jan-05 10:02:24

Our kids are a lot younger (then 6 and then almost 3) so guess we would have different highlights of DLP and experience to your family. Although there wasn't a lot going on in the Studios, apart from ad hoc Street Entertainment it provided light relief from the main park. ds liked the Tram Tour and Car Stunt Show but was too small to do any of the big roller coasters. The parade would probably be a bit young for your kids but it is a good time to do the rides as most families will be otherwise engaged. Generally felt less crowded and hassled than the Magic Kingdom, especially very first thing when there were few queues and you could Fastpass really frequently. Think you can go in and out to the Disney Village shops and restaurants, open areas, car parks etc - you need to get your hand stamped on exit.

LIZS Sat 08-Jan-05 10:12:49

btw there are some other theme parks around Paris which may be worth a visit including Parc Asterix and a couple of others listedhere . iirc there is also a Playmobil theme park details here . However you may feel the kids are too old for it.

Tortington Sun 09-Jan-05 14:49:26

thank you - we have been to parc asterix before - personally i thought it better than euro disney - however ihadnever heard of La Mer de Sable - that sounds good - i justhave to find it on a map - fantastic - thank you keep the tips coming

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now