Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris questions.

(9 Posts)
louise1974 Tue 04-Jan-05 20:54:43

Can anyone please help mewith a few queries?
1) What time are the fieworks and parades on... we are going late april?

2) How do you get tickets for the lion king show?

3) What time do you have to check out of your hotel on leaving day? and what do we do with are suitcases till we leave for the airport at 6pm?

4) Is it easy to get a taxi from the airport and how much is it, do they take you to outside your hotel.

And finally any other advice would be great. Iam staying at the santa fe.

Posey Tue 04-Jan-05 21:36:18

We went a couple of years ago, but guess it won't have changed much.
In April I don't think there are firework displays as the park closes around 8pm. I think they are only in the summer months when the park is open later.
Parades were on a couple of times each day, can't remember exactly what time but I think one was around 2 or 3pm
We didn't stay in the Santa Fe but guess they're all the same. I think check out was around 11am.
The hotel kept our luggage in a locked room til we left later in the day.
Can't help with the airport question as we were on Eurostar.

Have a great time!

tamum Tue 04-Jan-05 21:54:35

I think Posey is right about fireworks- we went in April and there were none. There was only one parade a day when we went, it was about 4 pm. Can't help with 2 or 3, but I would certainly recommend the taxis- we got the bus there but had to wait well over an hour, the whole thing was very badly organised. We got a taxi back and it came to the same price as the bus for a family of 4 (but can't remember exactly how much that was, sorry!). I'm sure they would take you staight to your hotel, ours picked us up from there. Have a good time

onlyjoking Tue 04-Jan-05 21:58:59

we went april last year and it was very cold and snowed a lot, the parades were on twice a day one in afternoon then one at night with lights ect, suitcases are stored for you til you leave

Skribble Mon 24-Jan-05 17:44:05

Check out the disneyland sit for specific times of shows and parades. We have been in the October holidays and the Easter holidays. Be prepared to wrap up warm. There is a shuttle bus from the three main airports buy you ticket on board. It drops you at your door. (double check the bus times for you return, we just made our return flight).
The light parade at night is great and the whole park shouldn't be too busy. But there will be queues for the popular rides. I wouldn't waste time waiting for the tea cups just like a fair ride back home and always busy.
If your kids are under 6 I would spend most time in Main part, the new part lacks the magic and doesn't have as much for the youger ones.

Hulababy Mon 24-Jan-05 17:52:26

DLP website here

The parade times for anything beyond March are not up there yet. However the times for Jan-March are roughly:

DLP's Princess Parade - 4pm
DLP's Fantillusion - 7:30pm
Studio's Disney Cinema Parade - 1:45pm

The Legend of the Lion King is on in DLP throughout the day - 12.00, 13.00, 14.00, 16.30, 17.30. These change though so check on the day you arrive.

Accoriding to the website "Due to this show's enormous success, prior reservation is now required. Reservation tickets are distributed free of charge at:
- 11am for earlier performances and
- 3pm for last two performances at the entrance of Videopolis.

Be sure to secure your seat! Please note the distribution of reservation tickets is limited to the number of seats available."

Don't think DLP do fireworks other than in high season - July/August though.

Hulababy Mon 24-Jan-05 17:53:26

louise - how old are your children?

Hulababy Mon 24-Jan-05 17:56:27

If they are little - It's a Small World is a must. The queues move really fast, andi although it is really gentle and the song drives you mad by the end, all the children appear to adore it!

In the Studios, the Animaque and the stunt show shows are worth watching. DD was only 18 months and loved them both!

And we found that it was easiest and least queues for the characters in the studios. See Mickey at his caravan next to the Flying Carpets ride

Hulababy Mon 24-Jan-05 17:56:28

If they are little - It's a Small World is a must. The queues move really fast, andi although it is really gentle and the song drives you mad by the end, all the children appear to adore it!

In the Studios, the Animaque and the stunt show shows are worth watching. DD was only 18 months and loved them both!

And we found that it was easiest and least queues for the characters in the studios. See Mickey at his caravan next to the Flying Carpets ride

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now