Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

family room for 5 in yorkshire please

(12 Posts)
triplets Sun 02-Jan-05 22:43:20

Hi,
We are going to Durham on the 26th March and would like to stay overnight in Yorkshire on the Frid which will actually be Good Friday. Does anyone know of a b&b with rooms to sleep 5? Anywhere near the A1!

juniperdewdrop Sun 02-Jan-05 23:05:55

Hi triplets, I don't know if you'll be able to book for one night only tbh? I'm in co. durham, where in yorkshire do you want to be?

triplets Sun 02-Jan-05 23:42:14

Hi,
We thought around York area, where in Durham are you, my brother lives in Spennymoore.

juniperdewdrop Sun 02-Jan-05 23:44:39

I'm in darlington which isn't that far from Spenny.

Hope you find somewhere. Travelodges are usually good but only sleep 4. Unless you sneak a triplet in with you

triplets Mon 03-Jan-05 16:03:01

Hi,
Yes we always have to have 2 rooms which works out expensive, I think we will just have to set off early, it takes us around 7 hours with stops, would like to be at my brothers around 2pm to see Ellie on her birthday, she will be 2, then its about 25mins to the farm, we stayed there last year just for the w/end and it was lovely. Thanks anyway,

juniperdewdrop Mon 03-Jan-05 16:21:54

It's a shame about the two rooms, you'd think there'd be places who cater for larger families.

juniperdewdrop Mon 03-Jan-05 16:26:45

this one looks nice

Maybe you could fill in the form to see if they cater for 5?

NewbarnsleygirlWalliams Mon 03-Jan-05 17:05:44

There is a Hotel right on the A1 just after York. I can't remember what it's called but it's a restaurant aswell. If you give me chance I'll call my mum, she lives in York so she'll know.

NewbarnsleygirlWalliams Mon 03-Jan-05 17:12:18

Right, I have just found it! It's called the bridge Hotel, like I said it's right on the A1 and it's at Wetherby. I had a look on the website and it's £65 per per night for a double or twin and it includes breakfast.

NewbarnsleygirlWalliams Mon 03-Jan-05 17:45:32

Is it any good Triplets?

triplets Mon 03-Jan-05 19:49:54

Hi,
Thanks but both come out at over £130 a night, way out of pocket, I`ll keep looking, must be something somewhere, I have tried several farm stays but nothing large enough, two rooms costs too much.

LouBeeLou Tue 04-Jan-05 13:28:39

Hi triplets

I'm in Harrogate which is North Yorkshire, about 15 mins from the A1. There are loads of hotels & B&B's here - try the TIC on 01423 537300.

HTH x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now