Talk

Advanced search

Am I crazy to think about a Euro city break at 28 weeks pregnant?

(16 Posts)
Tinker Sat 01-Jan-05 16:37:50

For the last 3 years we have gone away for 4 nights at Feb half-term (cheap and cheerful ryanair/easyjet trips) Have worked out that this year, I'll be 28 weeks on last day of half term so just inside the no-fuss, can fly parameters. But will I enjoy it? Want to go, want to have something to look forward to (other than the baby of course!) and suspect it may be out last trip abroad for some time Any thoughts? Thanks

popsycal Sat 01-Jan-05 16:39:47

i am around 30-31 weeks now and don't think i would enjoy it very much...but then i have had lots of faff with this pregnancy.....

i find that backache creeps in around this time!

CountessDingDongDrac Sat 01-Jan-05 16:39:59

Not at all, I think you should defo go. I went to NY and Ibiza in a 2 week period when 6.5 - 7 months pg and had a great time. In fact it was no different to any other holidays really apart from the lack of alcohol!

CountessDingDongDrac Sat 01-Jan-05 16:40:24

(I hasten to add that I had a v easy pregnancy and felt fine)

popsycal Sat 01-Jan-05 16:40:29

ignore me actually - i am a misery guts

go for it!

Tinker Sat 01-Jan-05 16:42:22

Am listening to you both. Had easy pregnancy last time (and this time) but backache has started already [confused emoticon]

popsycal Sat 01-Jan-05 16:43:13

how many kids do you have already...will they be coming too>?

Tinker Sat 01-Jan-05 16:43:59

Just the one and she's 7, nearly 8 so not a hardwork toddler.

popsycal Sat 01-Jan-05 16:45:19

not too bad then....
where are you thinking of going?
am very jealous now....it is dh's 30th around when i am due and want to go away fro that!

LIZS Sat 01-Jan-05 16:45:37

Sounds like a nice opportunity to have a getaway without the hinderance of a babe in tow. If all is fine with pg then go for it.

Tinker Sat 01-Jan-05 16:48:37

Nowhere very imaginative. Whichever is cheapest so Paris, Amsterdam, Rome or Barcelona I think(have already been to all of those places but fancy Rome the most) Don't care really, just like the break. Hope you manage to arrange something after baby is born. Even a childfree night in a hotel nearby is something to look forward to if you could arrange it.

biglips Sat 01-Jan-05 18:15:13

yeah go, as i went on a cruise when i was 6 months pregnant but the land hills were a struggle though

aloha Sat 01-Jan-05 18:21:37

I'd go. I feel tired now - 34 weeks - but I think looking after a toddler is part of that. I dream of a holiday with just me and dh, but I think that's on hold for the next...oooh...18 years

puddytats Sat 01-Jan-05 18:47:51

I am 22 weeks pg and going to Tenerife end of Jan - Leaving ds with MIL for the week and at the moment am busy feeling guilty that I am looking forward to it so much.

Go for it!

Yorkiegirl Sat 01-Jan-05 18:53:09

Message withdrawn

Tinker Sat 01-Jan-05 23:02:34

Thank you. You're all saying the right thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now