Talk

Advanced search

Family friendly in Norway?

(2 Posts)
IlanaK Sat 01-Jan-05 14:43:47

We have won a whole load of virgin airmiles and are thinking of flying to Norway. We need to pay for the accomodation ourselves and are looking for somewhere really family friendly. We want to go in June - ds1 would be almost 4 and ds2 would be just turning 1. I did a google search and didn't come up with much. Just one hotel in Voss that looked lovely but very expensive.

Anyone have any ideas?

tribpot Sat 01-Jan-05 15:01:37

I think Norway is fairly family friendly from a people point of view, but horrendously expensive. If you're going in June, try to avoid the Midsummer fest because nothing will be open at all, if Norway is anything like Sweden at least. It is an absolutely beautiful country but because they have low income tax the sales tax on everything is astronomical, hence why it's so expensive there for non-Norwegians.

I'd recommend you have a think about Sweden instead (still not that cheap) or maybe eastern Europe if your airmiles will take you that way?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now