Talk

Advanced search

Can i take food to Amsterdam? quick reply needed please!

(9 Posts)
KangaSantaMummy Thu 30-Dec-04 09:10:59

have no idea but was puzzled by 0 posts

tribpot Thu 30-Dec-04 09:15:06

Yes, although there are some things like cheese and meat that you shouldn't take with you. Don't be alarmed, though, they have supermarkets in Amsterdam! Let me know if you need to know where.

KangaSantaMummy Thu 30-Dec-04 09:17:23

have no idea who posted this thread

who started it????????

KangaSantaMummy Thu 30-Dec-04 09:17:25

have no idea who posted this thread

who started it????????

Moomin Thu 30-Dec-04 09:18:00

god that's weird - where's my post gone?! we're staying with friends for new year and they don't get back home from their skiing hol until NYE, an hour or so before we arrive, so we said we'd take care of starters and desserts for the dinner party we're having on nye.

KangaSantaMummy Thu 30-Dec-04 09:18:10

lol at supermarkets

Carla Thu 30-Dec-04 09:18:39

I'm absolutely sure there are some foodstuffs which are banned. As children our mum always used to take a leg of lamb for someone in Italy, but I'm sure following F&M this is no longer allowed. Ditto bringing salami back from Italy. I know it's not Amsterdam, but hope you see the point I'm trying to make. HTH.

Carla Thu 30-Dec-04 09:32:47

Thinking about it, I think the salami was OK if it had some sort of ministerial tag on it.

tribpot Thu 30-Dec-04 11:24:44

Here's some info on importing to the UK, rules for NL are probably more or less the same. Things I recall from the airport (I never look at the signs, I must say) is that raw meat would be a no-no and cheese/dairy products not generally a good idea. Also plants.

Assuming you are flying into Amsterdam, there's a supermarket in Schiphol, in the arrivals hall (where the railway station is) for any last minute bits. It's not fabulous but it's okay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now