Talk

Advanced search

Lisbon May 2021 - What are the chances of it happening?

(5 Posts)
rookiemere Thu 24-Dec-20 09:29:24

So DS 14 is meant to be on outward bound type projects - if not I am hoping we can sweet talk a relative into staying at the house - and I've got super duper cheap flights to Lisbon in May.

Now I can change them - cuz Easyjet - but now I'm invested in going. I'm thinking by May vaccine will be rolled out to quite a lot of the population and better weather will reduce numbers as well.

Do you think it's feasible we can go ?

OP’s posts: |
Georgyporky Thu 24-Dec-20 12:51:57

We've had 5 holidays cancelled this year - all booked at fairly short notice & permissible at the time of booking.
There's no way I'm going to plan anything as far ahead as May !

SJaneS49 Mon 28-Dec-20 12:22:15

Unfortunately no one can offer you more than a guess! You’d hope by May to have seen a big change in the situation but as you’ll know after last year, the situation can change in a matter of weeks. I’ve rearranged a short break to Edinburgh 3 times now, each to times I was hopeful all would be ok.

Personally I wouldn’t get too invested in going in May and call it 15/16 days before. EasyJet haven’t been the best with our flight rearranging- on paper you can rearrange for free before 14 days to the flight but I rearranged one at the 14.5 day mark and had to pay so in effect it’s 15 days + it’s free.

rookiemere Tue 29-Dec-20 08:32:24

Thanks @SJaneS49 that's helpful.

I've booked cancellable hotels, I'm now thinking it's more of a gamble if DS actually goes on his 2 week outward bound course. I think I'll have a look for a UK backup just in case, as at this stage I'd be delighted to be going anywhere.

OP’s posts: |
SJaneS49 Tue 29-Dec-20 10:42:57

Can completely get with that! The most sensible thing to do is book at the last minute - having said that, we’ve 2 breaks booked as I just wanted something to look forward too! I agree the outward bounds things are the most likely to be cancelled which will mean DS will be with you. Unfortunately it’s a case of waiting to see what happens and if the course gets cancelled, review everything from there. It is a pain but hopefully you’ll all be going somewhere!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in