Get an exclusive 7% off your next luxury holiday cottage with cottages.com - Use the code PART07 at checkout.
This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
Lisbon May 2021 - What are the chances of it happening?(5 Posts)
So DS 14 is meant to be on outward bound type projects - if not I am hoping we can sweet talk a relative into staying at the house - and I've got super duper cheap flights to Lisbon in May.
Now I can change them - cuz Easyjet - but now I'm invested in going. I'm thinking by May vaccine will be rolled out to quite a lot of the population and better weather will reduce numbers as well.
Do you think it's feasible we can go ?
We've had 5 holidays cancelled this year - all booked at fairly short notice & permissible at the time of booking.
There's no way I'm going to plan anything as far ahead as May !
Unfortunately no one can offer you more than a guess! You’d hope by May to have seen a big change in the situation but as you’ll know after last year, the situation can change in a matter of weeks. I’ve rearranged a short break to Edinburgh 3 times now, each to times I was hopeful all would be ok.
Personally I wouldn’t get too invested in going in May and call it 15/16 days before. EasyJet haven’t been the best with our flight rearranging- on paper you can rearrange for free before 14 days to the flight but I rearranged one at the 14.5 day mark and had to pay so in effect it’s 15 days + it’s free.
Thanks @SJaneS49 that's helpful.
I've booked cancellable hotels, I'm now thinking it's more of a gamble if DS actually goes on his 2 week outward bound course. I think I'll have a look for a UK backup just in case, as at this stage I'd be delighted to be going anywhere.
Can completely get with that! The most sensible thing to do is book at the last minute - having said that, we’ve 2 breaks booked as I just wanted something to look forward too! I agree the outward bounds things are the most likely to be cancelled which will mean DS will be with you. Unfortunately it’s a case of waiting to see what happens and if the course gets cancelled, review everything from there. It is a pain but hopefully you’ll all be going somewhere!
Please login first.