Talk

Advanced search

Thailand Travels

(4 Posts)
Sparks2 Wed 16-Dec-20 23:20:14

I'm planning to go to Thailand 2021 for New Years (if possible). I want to go for around 3/4 weeks and was wondering what are the best places and routes to go to?

OP’s posts: |
AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 17-Dec-20 07:37:55

I would keep monitoring the FCO travel advice, at the present time Thailand are not admitting any tourists to their country and there is no indication when this would change.

ladybirdpoppy Tue 22-Dec-20 06:27:55

Hi, I have a rescheduled a 2020 holiday for Easter 2021 but now looking at going in 2022. It's looking very unlikely to travel unless you want to spend 14 days in government quarantine (you have to pay for) plus have hefty medical insurance cover. The majority of beach resorts are deserted - hotels, restaurants and bars are closed as no tourists, there are a few news reports on you tube. after being to Thailand a few times, it may not be the experience it's renowned for during these times.

Aposterhasnoname Tue 22-Dec-20 06:35:12

I assume the op means 2021/22 new year.

I’d recommend Krabi, Railay beach is nice, phi phi and of course Bangkok. Loved Koh Sami too, but that’s on the other side and the weather is different. Avoid Pattaya like your life depends on it.

We did a trip to see the bridge on the river Kwai (which doesn’t really exist, but the Thais aren’t ones to let a little thing like that get in the way) we stayed on a raft, which they sailed down the river to a waterfall where we all showered. I highly recommend that.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in