Talk

Advanced search

quarantine on return to UK

(9 Posts)
Agnisia Fri 11-Dec-20 15:44:20

What if you come back to UK from a country that requires a test before departure? Do you still need to self isolate if you know you are Covid negative?

OP’s posts: |
trunumber Fri 11-Dec-20 15:59:39

If it's not in a travel corridor then I assume so

Agnisia Fri 11-Dec-20 16:36:05

I’m travelling from a country that is not in the travel corridor but I will have a test done on the day of leaving. So I will know I’m Covid negative. Does this not count?

OP’s posts: |
rookiemere Fri 11-Dec-20 16:52:30

No doesn't count as you could develop symptoms later

BefuddledPerson Fri 11-Dec-20 16:53:14

No it doesn't count.

FootprintsInTheDew Fri 11-Dec-20 16:54:55

No because you could test positive when you're home. It can take days for your result to be positive.

AccidentallyOnPurpose Fri 11-Dec-20 17:11:37

Agnisia

I’m travelling from a country that is not in the travel corridor but I will have a test done on the day of leaving. So I will know I’m Covid negative. Does this not count?

Yes but you'll only be negative at the point of testing. What it you catch it in the airport,on the plane etc?

930onaTuesdayNight Fri 11-Dec-20 17:17:20

Yes of course! I just got back from another country. I tested negative just before I got on the plane. But I’m still quarantining of course. I could have picked up Covid while I was there and it wouldn’t show up yet. I’m going to be tested again next week and if that’s negative I will be a bit more relaxed about walking outdoors but still not interact with people til it’s been 10+ days.

IJumpedAboardAPirateShip Fri 11-Dec-20 17:20:52

It will not count and they could still call to check up on you

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in