Talk

Advanced search

Travel insurance for Dubai

(5 Posts)
Valwillgo Mon 17-Aug-20 08:33:03

Anyone been able to get a policy which will cover even when FCO advice is not to go?

Emirates are offering some limited Covid cover, but that doesn’t cover any other medical situations.

OP’s posts: |
MaryJain Mon 17-Aug-20 08:59:44

Hi Valwillgo,

I don't think it's going to be effective for the insurance company to provide you the maximum in a context where the FCO is not permitting you to travel.

I'm a professional housemaid from Dubai and currently working in a domestic workers service company known as HousekeepingCo ( www.housekeepingco.com ). Here I'm having company provided insurance which covers 80% of the bill while we are required to pay the remaining 20%. It works mostly like that for most of the residents visa holders here.

Valwillgo Mon 17-Aug-20 10:58:08

@MaryJain

At the risk of derailing my own thread, but thanks for your reply.

I know what domestic workers are paid in Dubai, and I also have some understanding of medical bills there. I’m sorry to hear you don’t have 100% cover from your employer, that’s a poor show.

OP’s posts: |
SJaneS48 Mon 17-Aug-20 12:10:18

Try Battleface Insurance - it’s essentially for war zones and covers for areas where travel isn’t advised by the Foreign Office. Martin Lewis recommended it for anyone wanting to go to Spain recently so it’s probably seen a boom in sales!

SJaneS48 Mon 17-Aug-20 12:14:28

www.battleface.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhdeU8Y2i6wIVFODtCh002QEXEAAYASAAEgJm5PD_BwE

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in