Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So I've booked local church hall, got approx eighteen 3-5 year old coming what shall I do with them

(10 Posts)
chocolatemummy Mon 01-Oct-07 16:23:11

was aksing what to do for my dd 4th birthday but when realised how many I booked local church hall, its a lovely big hall but I don't know what to do in it now.

purpleduck Mon 01-Oct-07 17:19:20

Hire a magician!! Worth every penny! trust me!!!

jenthehen Mon 01-Oct-07 17:39:38

I agree, you NEED an entertainer!

dustystar Mon 01-Oct-07 17:41:25

Get some friends to give you a hand and then you can do some crafty things as well as a treasure hunt and the usual party games like pass the parcel.

NannyL Mon 01-Oct-07 18:05:45

yes get an entertainer....

and / or get them to make their own party hats..... ie a long piece of card stapled to the side of their head.... and laods and loads of stickers for them to choose from to decorate it...

they can then wear it for the rest of the party

also a bubble machine will go down well

and 3 - 5 year olds seem to love pass the parcel

if you are very very brave try foot painting... i did it at my charges 2nd birthday party (in the garden outside) with lots of other nannies to help! Was great fun and they all took a foot print away with them smile

DANCESwithHughJackman Mon 01-Oct-07 18:06:27

Two words. Bouncy Castle.

dustystar Mon 01-Oct-07 18:08:51

bubble machines are great but make the floor very slippery so be careful. I forgot a bouncy castle - brilliant for this age group

Tommy Mon 01-Oct-07 18:11:50

along with party hats, get them to decorate a sticker with their name on - gives them all something to do while everyone is arriving and helps the adults learn names

if you are in a hall, you should be able to do musical chairs - always goes doen very well

NannyL Mon 01-Oct-07 18:12:46

should say 'stapled to the size of their head' blush shock grin

Not sure 3 year old would like hats being stapled to the side of their heads shock

princessmel Mon 01-Oct-07 18:21:27

We usually hire a hall and have a bouncy castle and play a few games.

We do pass the parcel, musical bumps (easier than statues for this age) and a PINATA. Always a hit with the parents and kids. A hit! gettit!??

After you'd done food and the cake as well the partys all over.

Not done an entertainer before.

Been to lots of parties with them though. Don't hire Mr happy. Mr Crappy more like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now