Talk

Advanced search

Ryan Air refund

(11 Posts)
rosybell Thu 30-Jul-20 15:37:00

Just wondering if anyone here has received a refund from Ryan air for a cancelled flight? Ours was cancelled in May and on the website it says all May refunds will be processed by end of July (tomorrow!).

OP’s posts: |
Tilly28 Thu 30-Jul-20 15:38:11

We were due to fly in June but flights were cancelled ages ago. I did a credit card dispute and got the money back that way as Ryan Air were taking forever!

rosybell Thu 30-Jul-20 15:45:42

We paid by debit card, but I did read about charge back.. is that what you did?

ikus84 Thu 30-Jul-20 16:37:36

I got my 2nd June refund yesterday! I was gobsmacked.

rosybell Thu 30-Jul-20 17:09:22

@ikus84 - wow! Did you just receive an email or did it appear in your account?

ikus84 Thu 30-Jul-20 17:33:13

I had to chase it about 5 times and they offered me vouchers 3 times, but then I got an email saying it'd be in my account within 5 days and it was!

rosybell Thu 30-Jul-20 18:04:25

@ikus84 - sorry for all the questions, but how did you chase it, phone/live chat or email? Thank you btw and glad you finally got it!

Meandyouandyouandme Thu 30-Jul-20 18:09:01

I’m still waiting for mine from 13th March, had an online chat again this week and they said I should get it in the next two weeks, but I’m not holding my breath. It’s annoying when it says on their website that all March refunds are done, when mine isn’t. I’d try an online chat again with them or I’ll be going back to my credit card.

CodenameVillanelle Thu 30-Jul-20 18:10:02

Got mine today
Did you go on live chat and actually request cash refund rather than voucher? I was sent a voucher but a few weeks ago requested the cash refund and just got it.

ikus84 Fri 31-Jul-20 15:50:12

I did a combination of copying and pasting my whingeing in their contact form on the website, the complaint form on the website, and emailing customerqueries@*ryanair*.com

Curlybrunette Sun 02-Aug-20 11:59:23

I got an email on 23rd March saying my refund would be paid within 10 working days and I still haven't got it. I did a credit card charge back in mid-May and still haven't got it back that way either!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in