Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Places to eat near Bristol airport

(7 Posts)
MummyDarlingSausage Fri 28-Sep-07 10:29:32

Does anyone know of a good place to eat near Bristol airport (going towards M5 rather than towards Bristol itself) I am picking up dh next week at teatimeish and would like to go somewhere nice with good food (rather than a motorway services) as we haven't seen him for 6 weeks. Thanks for any advice

mummylin2495 Fri 28-Sep-07 15:54:06

when my dh flew back to bristol on the way home we stopped ata place called "the Halfway House Inn" it was excellent and thoroughly reccomend it.im not sure where you will be but i will give you the email address and the telephone no, tel 01935 840350
the email is paul@halfwayhouseinn.com
oh just seen there is a website too----
www.halfwayhouseinn.com.It also has rooms to let but i must warn you ,the portions on our plates were huge,we would certainly go there again.it will depend which way you are travelling of course but we were coming back to dorset.

WestCountryLass Fri 28-Sep-07 21:08:02

I can't think of anywhere that springs to mind (and I am from Brissol!) but there are plenty of pubs around that area ;)

Slacker Fri 28-Sep-07 22:10:39

Ooh, difficult! The Walled Garden at Wrington is great but only open at that time on Fridays/Saturdays (and you have to book). There's supposed to be a very good Indian in Yatton High St - but there are two there and I don't know which one is the good one! Sousta at Congresbury is apparently good if you like Greek food. Haven't found any great pubs round here yet. The restaurant at Cadbury House looks like it should be nice....You might be better off going into Bristol to eat, that's what we do on the rare occasions we eat out!

Will let you know if I think of anywhere else.

RBH Fri 28-Sep-07 22:20:06

You could head into the Chew Valley as there are some good pubs in the villages there. Depends on timing and how old your kids are I guess.

MummyDarlingSausage Fri 28-Sep-07 22:27:56

Thanks for your replies, mummylin we live in Devon so will be heading down the m5. i had a look at the website you sent me and it looks like it might be out of the way (thanks though ) Cadbury House might me an option as i just had a quick look at the website and it is in the right direction. I was thinking along the lines of a good pub - i should get one of those good pub guides as we are often at a loose end where to eat! Any other idea's appreciated

MummyDarlingSausage Fri 28-Sep-07 22:33:08

dd 4 and ds 8 mnths so we don't want to go too much out of the way - somewhere enroute would be better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now