Talk

Advanced search

Hiring a villa

(11 Posts)
BarefootHippieChick Wed 15-Jul-20 13:56:54

We've used Villa Plus for years and they've always been great but I agree with previous posters, they've handled things terribly this year. They do have some great villas though, I find their website more informative than most, ,plus a lot of their properties are within walking distance of shops and restaurants etc.

Main things we go for are all amenities we want nearby, wi-fi, good sized pool and privacy (some villas are semi detached, not for us)

Squeekybummum Wed 15-Jul-20 13:51:40

Thank you everyone. I will have a look at all these sites. Yes we have been looking at package deals with flights and car included.

OP’s posts: |
janinlondon Wed 15-Jul-20 12:13:45

Check the villaplus reviews on Trustpilot since lockdown. Absolutely do NOT book a villa only deal. You must add the flights through the villa company for it to be considered a package. If its not a package they don't have to refund you if there is a pandemic-type scenario.

SkinnyChicky Wed 15-Jul-20 12:12:37

Used villas plus a few times. Very good.

usernotfound0000 Wed 15-Jul-20 12:06:43

Depends what you want really. We picked a destination then drew up a shortlist of what we wanted. We didn't want to hire a car so needed to be central. Then basically trawled Air BnB, Home and Away, James Villas, Jet2 Villa Holidays until we found one we liked.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 13-Jul-20 11:05:24

We use Home and Away or Holiday Lettings

starfish18 Mon 13-Jul-20 09:01:02

Hiya we always use home and away holidays x

dementedpixie Sat 11-Jul-20 10:18:20

We always look for free WiFi and air con and a pool. Depends what you are looking for really. We've had hire cars with the ones we've used so we can travel around a bit more

Squeekybummum Sat 11-Jul-20 10:15:30

Thanks for replying. I have had a little look at James villa.
What things are a must have when hiring 1.

dementedpixie Sat 11-Jul-20 09:37:02

James Villas, Villa Plus?
We've used James Villas a few times

Squeekybummum Sat 11-Jul-20 08:44:01

Hi we are looking into maybe hiring a villa abroad next year, not sure were to start, any usefel websites or any villas recommended.
We haven't been away for a few years now, family of 5 so going all inclusive somewhere isn't an option due to ridiculous prices.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in