Talk

Advanced search

Flying first time with 2 year old

(7 Posts)
madame Tue 25-Sep-07 11:41:43

We are going to France with dd 2yrs in a couple of weeks. I have only flown with her once and she was a baby.

Please any advice on coping/entertaining her.We fly around lunch time.

PatsyCline Tue 25-Sep-07 13:16:01

We were given a toddler 'Walkman' (from ELC I think) which was fantastically useful when our DD1 was a toddler. I saved it for flights and got tapes of nursery rhymes etc from the library. That always worked well.

I always buy a comic just before we board - it's amazing how much time toddlers can spend on one when there's nothing else to distract them and they are getting their parents' undivided attention.

Have a lovely holiday.

Patsy x

Cappuccino Tue 25-Sep-07 13:18:52

hee hee

you need a nanny like that other one

TheMaskedPoster Tue 25-Sep-07 13:19:08

you'll be fine

stickers with books / comics things like that.

I think the main thing they crave at that age is your undivided attention anyway - so being sat next to them for x amount of time playing games and talking to them is WONDERFUL in their eyes (well, it worked for us!! smile )

good luck and enjoy your trip.

madame Wed 26-Sep-07 10:56:46

Thank you for the helpful comments, I will venture out for sticker comics etc.

Baffy Wed 26-Sep-07 10:59:00

just got back from a holiday with ds (age 2) and if you can afford one, we found a portable dvd player to be a lifesaver! a couple of his favourite dvds and the flight was over in no time!

plus white chocolate buttons helped too! (not too messy either!)

cktwo Wed 26-Sep-07 13:26:01

We've been to France recently and DD1 (2.5) was great. Took a bag of her favourite books and toys and had lots of snacks (including the ones she wouldn't normally have been allowed). If all's going well you won't need the snacks but if you get delayed you'll be in need of them ASAP.
We were delayed 40 mins on way home and a packet of crisps kept her happy in the pushchair until we got on the plane!

I also gave her a box of raisins on take-off and landing to help clear the pressure in her ears.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now