Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to book your own hotel abroad, and flights?

(7 Posts)
Majorca Mon 24-Sep-07 18:38:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fleacircus Mon 24-Sep-07 18:44:15

For the flights, try ebookers, I've used them a couple of times and had no problems. I would book the flights first and then the hotel to fit the flights. If you book this far in advance you'll definitely need to reconfirm nearer the time as airlines do change their schedules; you don't need to do it this early though! For the hotels, you'll probably have to give credit card details when you make the booking but wont be charged until the end of your stay. If the hotel you choose doesn't have an online booking system, arrange to fax them the credit card details, don't send them by email whatever you do! I would check out a guidebook to choose a hotel rather than just looking online as that will give you a better idea of places that are actually decent. Hope that helps!

LIZS Mon 24-Sep-07 18:49:55

You can often pay either by credit card or bank transfer, usually a deposit then balance on arrival/departure with perhaps an interim installment a few months ahead. Flights you have to chance getting at the right times. Normally accommodation is more restrictive ie Sat or Sun arrivals only especially at peak times. Low cost are probably not out yet, often released 6 months or so ahead. Bear in mind that you are not covered by ATOL if you book the component separately but you coudl , say, book both accommodation and flight via Thomas Cook site and be more covered. Insurance is a must .

Majorca Mon 24-Sep-07 19:01:32

kookaburra Mon 24-Sep-07 19:09:24

Majorca - I am like you and tho' I would like to be like those sophisticated people who arrange it all themselves and get flight for 20p a time and a great deal' on a villa I just go to a company and let 'em do it. I know its a premium but then I can just forget it till it happens. Good luck - when the DC are bigger I too will be brave enough to venture out into that scary world of DIY...

Majorca Mon 24-Sep-07 19:59:43

Majorca Mon 24-Sep-07 21:27:01

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now