Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp

(4 Posts)
Inituntiltheend Tue 09-Jun-20 22:14:39

Hello, I know the situation at present is far from ideal with travel but If there is a sense of (any) normality my partner and I are considering going to a Eurocamp (thinking own space,can cook etc) is this a bad idea? Looked start of September and the prices are really low.

Is this the type of holiday a couple would enjoy? Any I looked at had 2-3 bars - would there be any craic in these bars or are the more the family friendly type? Would a week at a camp site be too much for a couple used to being able to walk around resorts and drink into the wee hours?

Anyone with any advice on this would be great? We thought maybe France or Italy and close to a city if possible.

Any advice let me know.

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
wasgoingmadinthecountry Wed 10-Jun-20 23:50:33

Yep. Too much.We were asked to cut down our noise by a family with no kids at 9pm. We were only playing board games.

Inituntiltheend Fri 12-Jun-20 22:34:26

Thanks @wasgoingmadinthecountry for replying - do you think we shouldn’t considerate a euro camp holiday then?

OP’s posts: |
skankingpiglet Fri 12-Jun-20 23:17:25

From our experience the campsites do expect quiet at night, and by 10pm the chalets might have some very quiet chatter but mostly it's adults sitting out reading. At 11pm the entertainment stops, only one bar stays open with a few non-raucous drinkers, and silence in the chalet area is enforced. Great if you have younger children, less so if you are looking for a boozy couples holiday. You can get around this by starting early though I suppose! 🍷😂

We haven't been too impressed with Eurocamp specifically, but there are usually several companies operating on each site. We booked and paid for our Eurocamp-style holiday back in January, so now have everything crossed we will be able to go.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in